Sign in With Google - It's Faster

gbarry

Starting October 31, 2016, Evernote will support Google Sign-in. Anyone with a Google account will be able to sign into, or create, an Evernote account using their Google account details. As with all Evernote integrations with third-party services, Google sign-in is an opt-in feature (separate from Evernote’s Google Drive integration). It’s up to you to decide whether or not to enable Google sign-in for your account. If you’re not sure, feel free to try it out first. Learn more.

Let us know what you think about the new feature below. 

If you're new to our forums and would like to join the discussion, click "Sign In" at the top right, enter your Evernote account info, select a Display Name and you're all set. Welcome to our community!

@GiacomoLaw: if you already have a Google email associated with your Evernote account, then you can associate your Google log in with that account either in-app or as part of your normal log in flow. If you do not have a Google email associated with your account, you'll need to enable Google Sign-in in your account settings or choose "Sign in with Google" on Evernote Web. 

UPDATE: we currently are aware of an issue with using Google Sign-In to access our support webform and forums. Forum access will show you as logged out after a successful sign in--if you click "sign in" again you will then be logged in. The support webform presents an error. 

You can still use your standard Evernote login to access these areas and we are working on a fix. Thanks! 

• Level 5*

What is the recovery process? Say my Gmail account were to get locked/shut down/hacked/whatever. Can I extricate my Evernote account from that from evernote.com? And what about existing Evernote 2factor authentication?

• Level 5*

While I agree with Cal that Lastpass allows me to log in with various different credentials without any problem at all,  a lot of people don't use a password saver.  It'd probably help them to use a common login - particularly if they use Gmail anyway.  Like the man says - one less password to remember...;)

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, csihilling said:

Can't say I see any benefit to this if one uses something like LastPass.  Am I missing something?

This may be something to make it easier for new people to sign up for evernote, no new account necessary. I am not seeing the value yet for existing customers.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, gazumped said:

While I agree with Cal that Lastpass allows me to log in with various different credentials without any problem at all,  a lot of people don't use a password saver.  It'd probably help them to use a common login - particularly if they use Gmail anyway.  Like the man says - one less password to remember...;)

Probably just depends where you want your credentials saved.  ;)

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Probably just depends where you want your credentials saved.  ;)

And who you entrust them to. I'd rather sign in to Google with my Evernote credentials. I like Google and all, but not giving it that kind of unfettered access to my Evernote login.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, EdH said:

And who you entrust them to. I'd rather sign in to Google with my Evernote credentials. I like Google and all, but not giving it that kind of unfettered access to my Evernote login.

Ditto.

• Level 5
5 hours ago, EdH said:

5 hours ago, csihilling said:

Ditto.

Tritto (or whatever). Remembering my Evernote password is not hard, and I sure don't want this to become one more bit of my life that someone can access if they get my Google credentials.

So ... just paranoid spitballing here ... EN migrates our data to Google's cloud server; there's Google Drive integration; now we can use Google to sign in. This has all happened really fast, and I'm starting to get really afraid that EN is on its way to become a branch office of Google. I love using EN, but I'll figure out something else if that happens. Google already has the marketing use of all of my life that I care to give it.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Tritto (or whatever). Remembering my Evernote password is not hard, and I sure don't want this to become one more bit of my life that someone can access if they get my Google credentials.

So ... just paranoid spitballing here ... EN migrates our data to Google's cloud server; there's Google Drive integration; now we can use Google to sign in. This has all happened really fast, and I'm starting to get really afraid that EN is on its way to become a branch office of Google. I love using EN, but I'll figure out something else if that happens. Google already has the marketing use of all of my life that I care to give it.

That isn't how it works. Google does not have access to the content in the data it stores on Google Cloud. If it did, no one would use it. Google Drive integration no more gives Google access to my Evernote account than does Evernote gain access to my Gmail account just because it has a Gmail email clipper.

• Level 5
Just now, EdH said:

That isn't how it works. Google does not have access to the content in the data it stores on Google Cloud. If it did, no one would use it. Google Drive integration no more gives Google access to my Evernote account than does Evernote gain access to my Gmail account just because it has a Gmail email clipper.

Oh, I know Google doesn't have access to our data content as things stand now, and I'm not immediately concerned. But all these instances of Google integration do have the little paranoid guy who sits at the back of my cranium a bit concerned for the future.

I'm wondering how this affects people with multiple Google UN/PW. We use G-Suite for work as well, so at current, I have my personal email and three G-Suite emails that all have a Google Sign-on. I'm assuming I would choose one of these for the Evernote login...so does that mean I'll only have sharing capabilities between that particular Google account and not the others? Or am I missing how it all works?

2 hours ago, celmo said:

I get an error trying to use Goggle sign-on. Somehow it says I changed the password 552 days ago, but I am currently logged into google and gmail with that password.

Same here, mine showed 621 days. My thinking is we first must authenticate with our regular Evernote password, did that now all is good. Hope that helps you.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, tassiecelt said:

How can it be faster?

Google needs a user name/email and password. So does Evernote.

Is this another step towards Google and a step away from Evernote's independence?

Let me say it again....I don't trust Google

It is faster because at a minimum, a new user doesn't need to set up a new account with Evernote. They just sign in to a new service with their Google Account.

It is optional. No one is forcing you to do it. This isn't "another" step towards google and away from Evernote independence because there wasn't a first step to begin with. Contracting to use Google hosting services, just like thousands of other companies do, has nothing to do with independence. Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and a very few others have become masters of hosting massive amounts of data securely and privately. I'd honestly say Google is the best at it, which is why Brian Krebs' security blog moved to Google. I am not sure any other company in the world could do what Google has taken on there. Akamai couldn't and dropped Krebs.

I'm not going to use the Google sign in because I am happy with my separate EN userID, password, and 2FA setup. But a new person might be more inclined to join evernote if it is just that much easier to establish an account, which is good for Evernote, which makes it good for me as an EN user.

This means all files attached to evernote will be saved in Google Drive? 

Presently if we open the attachment of evernote and edit, then whiles saving it ask for saving to Device or Google drive. This will not sycronized the file across all devices.

So will it soon be possible to use the google address book to send content via email from within the Windows version of evernote?

This has been a gap in the product for a long time, and google account integration has been hanging out there as a potential fix.

By the way, Phil Libin publicly stated at a NYC event in 2013 that this particular problem would be fixed, soon.  It is way overdue.

• Level 5*
On 11/6/2016 at 6:15 AM, IIICrows said:

If Google is going to be partnered with Evernote, I would like to cancel my account

Just go to your settings and delete it yourself.

Please be sure to delete all accounts and stop buying all products that also use Google's Cloud Services as well. There is a list here, and it is hundreds and hundreds of companies. Best of luck to you!

• Level 5*
On 11/6/2016 at 1:29 PM, bobkap said:

I've been using Evernote for some time now.  I wasn't aware that it was password protected.  How do I set that up?

It can't not be set up without a password. Like all online services, userid/email and a password, or now, logging in via Google's account.

Anytime someone can reduce another sign-in it seems like a "win."  But in this case, you still have to sign in, it's just with credentials and authentication that the user utilizes for Google.  

Dear Evernote People:  This is insane!  

Should Google ever become compromised, so will all Evernote users who have elected to use Google credentials for Evernote, and vice versa.  While on a smaller scale, this is like deciding that we should all have one username and password for every account associated with us:  social, personal, financial, business, and so forth, to make the point.  As you have already pointed out, it is not about product integration.  This is sad.

In this era of password products available to securely encrypt and store hundreds of passwords, there really is no need to know any of your passwords.  Yes, I know.  If someone finds out your big secret master password you are in trouble.  There are numerous easy-to-read and implement books on security, passwords, and how to effectively strengthen an protect your digital life.

When will you have the same service available for Apple IDs?  If I had a team using Evernote to collaborate I would insist that they do not use Google credentials for their Evernote account.  That puts the business at risk.

Many will disagree, and I'm OK with that.  The price I pay for Evernote Premium is already too high.  If a Google sign-on is good enough, Evernote should be free.  You get what you pay for.

• Level 5*
On 11/7/2016 at 6:11 AM, yogeshi said:

No. Actual attachments are stored inside their Evernote notes. If you have links to external locations, then that's something different. But this change has nothing to do with attachments; it's only for signing into Evernote.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Ray Schmitz said:

By the way, Phil Libin publicly stated at a NYC event in 2013 that this particular problem would be fixed, soon.  It is way overdue.

Phil Libin no longer works at Evernote. This new feature doesn't have anything to do with Google Contacts; it's only for sign-in. If this is something that you want, you should request it in the Product Feedback Forum, on their Twitter feed, or make a support request.

Product updates, customer stories, and tips and tricks on Google Cloud Platform

Note-able news: Evernote to use Google Cloud Platform

Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Posted by Brian Stevens, Vice President, Google Cloud Platform

Today, Evernote announced it’s moving to Google Cloud Platform to host its productivity service used by over 200 million people to store billions of notes and attachments. Consumers and businesses using Evernote — on the web or their device of choice — will soon benefit from the security, scalability and data processing power of Google’s public cloud infrastructure.
  • Level 5*
On 2016-11-06 at 1:29 PM, bobkap said:

I've been using Evernote for some time now.  I wasn't aware that it was password protected.  How do I set that up?

When you first started Evernote, you had to specify a userid and password.

On some platforms, you have the option of logging off, or staying logged in.

if you identify your platform, someone can advise you  on the log out process

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-07 at 3:11 AM, yogeshi said:

Presently if we open the attachment of evernote and edit, then whiles saving it ask for saving to Device or Google drive. This will not sycronized the file across all devices.

There is no connection to the login process

• Level 5*
On 11/6/2016 at 2:29 PM, bobkap said:

Has to do with the web sign on, not the desk top version.  You can force a password on the desktop if you sign out of your EN session (FIle - Sign out username)

41 minutes ago, jefito said:

Thanks, but I'll make my own decision as to whether to use this or not. You can, too.

Like I said:  

Many will disagree, and I'm OK with that.  The price I pay for Evernote Premium is already too high.  If a Google sign-on is good enough, Evernote should be free.  You get what you pay for.

Thankfully, it is not something we can go and vote on like I did earlier today for elections in USA.  It is what it is.  There are good practices, and not so good practices.  We each choose.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

Thankfully, it is not something we can go and vote on like I did earlier today for elections in USA.  It is what it is.  There are good practices, and not so good practices.  We each choose.

Actually you can. You can vote "yes" and use Google Signin, or vote "no" and not use Google sign in. Why is this so difficult to understand? This is not a mandatory change, or even a change at all. It is simply another option. Use it. Or don't. Your call. No different than if another font were added to the note editor. Use it. or don't.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

The price I pay for Evernote Premium is already too high.  If a Google sign-on is good enough, Evernote should be free.  You get what you pay for.

I don't see any connection between the price we pay, and the sign on process.

I won't be using this enhanced sign-on process, but I can't see why it would upset people.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

The price I pay for Evernote Premium is already too high.  

Then don't pay it.

12 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

If a Google sign-on is good enough, Evernote should be free.

That makes no sense. There is no connection between the premise and the conclusion.

4 minutes ago, EdH said:

Actually you can. You can vote "yes" and use Google Signin, or vote "no" and not use Google sign in. Why is this so difficult to understand? This is not a mandatory change, or even a change at all. It is simply another option. Use it. Or don't. Your call. No different than if another font were added to the note editor. Use it. or don't.

I apologize for being unclear.  Yes.  I followed your recommendation and voted on this option before coming to the forum.  Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

2 minutes ago, jefito said:

Then don't pay it.

That makes no sense. There is no connection between the premise and the conclusion.

As usual, you are correct.  These financial commitments are reviewed each year for their fit, form, and features.  We retain those that make sense.

The premise was that a google id and password unlocks all the unlimited free offerings of Google, then shouldn't the same id and password unlock all the features of Evernote for no charge?

The answer is an obvious "no."  

My goal is not to alienate or inflame all the gurus and shepherds here.  It is simply to stimulate the pros and cons of what the relationship might do in terms of security down the road.  Maybe it will be enhanced for everyone and we'll be more secure than ever.  Maybe that won't be the case.  

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

The premise was that a google id and password unlocks all the unlimited free offerings of Google, then shouldn't the same id and password unlock all the features of Evernote for no charge?

The answer is an obvious "no."  

A google ID and passwrod unlocks all of the unlimited free offerings of Google. That same ID will now unlock all of the unlimited free offerings of Evernote. 

A google ID does NOT unlock all of the offerings of Google and make them free. Google has a lot of "for pay" services. That same ID will likewise NOT unlock all of the offerings of Evernote and make them free.

So, it works the same way. You just didn't ask the same question.

Heads, you win, tails I lose.

12 minutes ago, EdH said:

A google ID and passwrod unlocks all of the unlimited free offerings of Google. That same ID will now unlock all of the unlimited free offerings of Evernote. 

A google ID does NOT unlock all of the offerings of Google and make them free. Google has a lot of "for pay" services. That same ID will likewise NOT unlock all of the offerings of Evernote and make them free.

So, it works the same way. You just didn't ask the same question.

Unlimited and free.  Sounds like an oxymoron, just like jumbo shrimp.

Again, the question posed was regarding security practices of shared credentials.  You can run circles around me parsing words and parts of sentences.  I'm OK with that.  

Is it a good practice to use the same user ID and password on multiple sites and for multiple applications?  Yes, I know.  To each his/her own.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

Again, the question posed was regarding security practices of shared credentials.  You can run circles around me parsing words and parts of sentences.  I'm OK with that.  

Is it a good practice to use the same user ID and password on multiple sites and for multiple applications?  Yes, I know.  To each his/her own.

{shrug} Words have meaning. Not parsing. I can only read what you wrote, not what you think. Unlimited and free is not an oxymoron as they do not mean opposite things. Neither are they redundant as you can be unlimited and not free, or free but not unlimited.

But I am only interpreting their meanings based on their dictionary definitions and how they are traditionally used in the software world. 

I am not sure how you attached those to security, but you have, so continue on.

You also don't seem to understand how using Service X to log into Service Y works, or the OAuth concept in general works. There is nothing in it that recommends or even allows the same userID and password for different sites.

Have a nice day.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mac1Man said:

You're overlooking the fact that Google has paid account tiers

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 11.57.28 AM.png

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You're overlooking the fact that Google has paid account tiers

Don't use those words and definitions. We've since redefined that words have different meanings for Google than they do for Evernote.

Keep up please...

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

It will certainly unlock all of the free features of Evernote for no charge (vacuously). Whoop-ee. It'll also unlock all of the free features of Google. You don't get the keys to the castle; you only get to wander into the lobby and wonder what the paying patrons are doing.

42 minutes ago, Mac1Man said:

"Unlimited free" was your figure of speech. Please stop babbling about oxymorons and parsing.

7 minutes ago, EdH said:

Don't use those words and definitions. We've since redefined that words have different meanings for Google than they do for Evernote.

Keep up please...

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mac1Man said:

I wondered about that too.

I also see "login with your facebook id" at various places.

I prefer to keep all these services separate.

But as you say, to each hIs/her own.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Metrodon said:

Wait, what? 

This offer of options is obviously super-complicated. Can someone explain words please?

What I've been able to grok so far is a team of Evernote employees will break into your house while you sleep, change all of the user IDs and passwords to the same thing for everything you have passwords for, then they will print the entire contents of your Evernote account to PDF and post it to Google+ while tagging all advertising agencies and foreign governments with the post, and then in a few days you'll receive a bill for it.

If I've missed anything, let me know.

11 minutes ago, EdH said:

What I've been able to grok so far is a team of Evernote employees will break into your house while you sleep, change all of the user IDs and passwords to the same thing for everything you have passwords for, then they will print the entire contents of your Evernote account to PDF and post it to Google+ while tagging all advertising agencies and foreign governments with the post, and then in a few days you'll receive a bill for it.

Nope.   When you are correct there is nothing more to add.  Thanks for your input.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, EdH said:

Small miss, it would be direct billed.

hi,

can I use this feature to login into my mobile Android app?

I wonder if I can have an account accessible only by 'sign in with Google' so that I don't need to worry about regularly changing the other password.

Let's say I enable this new feature and start using it all the time and then forget about the old login credentials: my password will be unlikely updated (by me) and the security of my account could be affected (maybe this is a small detail for this early stage of this login system adoption but still..).

And please also what about if I create a new account: will I be able to do it without creating a dedicated password and just by useing 'sign in with Google' feature? But then the same question will I be able to login through the mobile apps?

Another concern is with Linux enviroment applications (not officially supported and created by third parties): will they still be able access EN notes?

Thanks for any clarification

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, mostidiotever said:

hi,

can I use this feature to login into my mobile Android app?

I wonder if I can have an account accessible only by 'sign in with Google' so that I don't need to worry about regularly changing the other password.

Let's say I enable this new feature and start using it all the time and then forget about the old login credentials: my password will be unlikely updated (by me) and the security of my account could be affected (maybe this is a small detail for this early stage of this login system adoption but still..).

And please also what about if I create a new account: will I be able to do it without creating a dedicated password and just by useing 'sign in with Google' feature? But then the same question will I be able to login through the mobile apps?

Another concern is with Linux enviroment applications (not officially supported and created by third parties): will they still be able access EN notes?

Thanks for any clarification

Hi.

AFAIK if you sign in to your Evernote account with your existing credentials and then activate the Google sign-in,  it will be available however you access your account - desktop,  mobile,  or web.

When you are signed into your account with Google you'll have access to all the usual options including password changes - just change the Evernote password each time you change your Google log-in. (Though not,  ideally,  to the same thing...)

New accounts would have to be created with a conventional Evernote user name and password,  though you would be able to activate the Google sign-in option as soon as the account exists.

In your Linux environment you are effectively running another OS to support Evernote,  which will have its own web access.  If you can log in to Evernote via that feature I see no reason why your wouldn't be able to use the Google option,  but that's probably untested as yet,  and as you note,  it wouldn't be supported anyway.  Try it and see!

18 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.

AFAIK if you sign in to your Evernote account with your existing credentials and then activate the Google sign-in,  it will be available however you access your account - desktop,  mobile,  or web.

Unfortunately not true. I just tried the Android app and it doesn't offer any 'sign-in with Google' option at log-in.

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy to be able to use Google Sign-in with EN now.

But, using this new feature, I'm getting signed-out many times per day.  I get signed-out, so I sign-in (using Google sign-in) again - over and over.

Is this a known issue?

On 06/11/2016 at 11:43 PM, tassiecelt said:

Let me say it again....I don't trust Google

Me too.  That said, maybe if Google got hacked they'd have to decency to inform me, unlike Evernote who got hacked and didn't even tell me.

I don't trust Google for what they would do with my information, but I suspect they might look after it better than Evernote can.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, MRJ said:

Me too.  That said, maybe if Google got hacked they'd have to decency to inform me, unlike Evernote who got hacked and didn't even tell me.

I don't trust Google for what they would do with my information, but I suspect they might look after it better than Evernote can.

When did Evernote get hacked and not tell you?  The only occasion they had a problem (as I recall) they made everyone affected change their password.  And Google don't 'have' your information,  they just own the servers on which Evernote currently rent space.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, MRJ said:

Just to be clear, Google will not be looking after your information, they are  only renting out data services.  

Evernote will continue to look after the information side (syncing, indexing, database).  I've been satisfied with Evernote looking after my information.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, MRJ said:

That said, maybe if Google got hacked they'd have to decency to inform me, unlike Evernote who got hacked and didn't even tell me.

Afaik, Evernote only suspected a hack one time, and it was salted password hashes that were taken. And everyone was notified. 

blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/03/02/security-notice-service-wide-password-reset/

do you have evidence to the contrary, or were you thinking of Yahoo!?

It was the occasion they "had a problem".  I went to use Evernote one day and devices that were logged in were suddenly prompting me for a password.  I didn't understand why my password was not being accepted so I trigged the reset process.  I then came here to the discussion area and found out what was going on.  At no time did I ever receive an email from Evernote explaining the issue, and I know other EN users who also didn't get notification, although I know some did.

Re Google and "looking after your information".  Maybe hacked was the wrong word, but for many years I worked in data centres where we hosted other companies servers, and when they sent people to examine our site security processes, look at our buildings and the physical security of them, and read through and test our disaster recovery procedures, we were left in no doubt that they firmly believed we were involved in looking after their information.

On 29/11/2016 at 3:07 PM, RImbaud said:

Another nice feature, but this is too many eggs in one basket for me.

I get worked-up about a lot of stuff where security is concerned but I must say this isn't one of them.  I loathe Google but this won't turn me away from EN (I don't think anything can!).

Back when many people were crying out for 2fa on Evernote I remember seeing suggestions about hopping onto an existing authorisation system such as Google Authenticator. They didn't and instead kept us waiting ages, only to now do it.  Still, I suppose that now all the data's in Evil G's big cold rooms it seems like a logical step.

And remember, although their authenticator is granting you access, and although all the data is in their pad, they're not actually at all involved in looking after your information, apparently ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • amanda_h unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

When I use 'sign-in with google' I have to sign-in every time.  Is this by design?   Would be nice if it had a 'remember me' option the same way that normal sign-in does.

As it is now, it isn't really faster.

But my issue is with Google Sign-in specifically.  My problem is that it doesn't "remember you" the way that normal sign-in does.  I've used Google/Facebook/twitter/etc sign-in on other sites and not had this problem so I wonder if there is an issue with evernote's google sign-in.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you use a password manager (I'm with LastPass) it will sign in for you.  Of course you have to sign in to the password manager...

Another vote for LastPass.  On my IPad it just requires a fingerprint

edited: Not worried about the police; just the bad guys cutting off my finger

• Level 5

For safety reasons, I prefer to access my Evernote account with a separate unique password. I've used LastPass for several years. 

Keep in mind that in the US, the police can force you to use your fingerprint to unlock your device, but they can't make you reveal your password.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jbenson2 said:

Keep in mind that in the US, the police can force you to use your fingerprint to unlock your device, but they can't make you reveal your password.

That has been challenged. A lawyer in this case say the guy was forced to indicate WHICH finger it was, which is therefore something he knew, and that is working through the courts.

That decision was a local one and doesn't make it the law of the land.

• 1 year later...

I seem to have a run into an issue with regards to this functionality with the Windows desktop version Evernote.  It is my understanding that signing in via google is a one-time thing and afterwards can be done on a one-click basis.  However, in my case, I have discovered that nothing seems to get saved. EVERY TIME I try logging into the Evernote desktop app is like the first time. It asks for my google email then my google password - it's asking to grant permissions to Evernote each time, like it never gets saved or something. 

Any thoughts on what might be going on would be very appreciated. 

• Level 5

What version are you using? Evernote recently discovered a security issue with certain versions of the Windows desktop program, and is requiring users to update either to the current version (6.13), or to apply a hotfix to update to 6.7.6, with the security problem fixed. Without doing one of those, you won't be able to log in. See the post here:

Thanks, Dave.  I'm up and running.  I am on Mac OS X latest version.  I occasionally have random crashes of my desktop version and difficulty logging in, but I can't blame Windows for that.  Kind regards, Grant

9 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

What version are you using? Evernote recently discovered a security issue with certain versions of the Windows desktop program, and is requiring users to update either to the current version (6.13), or to apply a hotfix to update to 6.7.6, with the security problem fixed. Without doing one of those, you won't be able to log in. See the post here:

Thanks for your reply, Dave.  Much appreciated.  Unfortunately, I have already applied the update.  The truth of is, it's been going on for a few months now, I guess I don't notice because I hardly sign-out of evernote and when I've felt the need the sign-in, it's usually been a fresh machine.  Anyway, yesterday, it occurred to me that my main machine is not a fresh machine and it's been doing that for quite a while now.  I then proceeded to sign-out and back in with my android devices and found that the sign-in with google worked perfectly with them. 

On the desktop version, it's almost as if it's not aware that there is a currently logged-in google account to choose from. 

Archived