Evernote Newbee question - Google Drive / Subfolders

snipa

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to have Evernote content automatically backed up to my Google Drive account so that I can access the same content from my Google drive.  I saw that there is a way to connect Google Drive to Evernote but I believe that is to bring things over from Google Drive. 

Also would like to know if there is a way to make sub folders under the notebooks?

Thank you in advance!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, snipa said:

Also would like to know if there is a way to make sub folders under the notebooks?

There is no way to do this in Evernote. Try a web search on "evernote subfolder subnotebook"

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, snipa said:

I would like to know if there is a way to have Evernote content automatically backed up to my Google Drive account so that I can access the same content from my Google drive.  I saw that there is a way to connect Google Drive to Evernote but I believe that is to bring things over from Google Drive. 

No way that I know of to do this. Evernote is stored -- when it's stored locally and not in the cloud -- in Evernote's own format. For example, in the Windows client, it's stored using a SQLite database, which you need an Evernote for Windows client to access. You can certainly back up your Evernote database, but you can't really access it that way. If yu need your notes on another machine, then you need an Evernote client for that machine.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, snipa said:

There's nothing automatic, but my backup process includes an export of my notes in html format to a cloud drive (iCloud)
I'm able to access my notes from the drive.

>>Also would like to know if there is a way to make sub folders under the notebooks?

No, Evernote doesn't use a folder filing hierarchy
You can collect notebooks under Stacks
Tags can be organized in an unlimited hierarchy

>>when using the Evernote app under All Notes - how do you know which notes are NOT assigned to a Notebooks / categorized?

I use Top List view, with columns showing for Notebook and Tags

I can sort on any column

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 1.31.43 PM.png

• Level 5
4 hours ago, snipa said:

also have one last question...when using the Evernote app under All Notes - how do you know which notes are NOT assigned to a Notebooks / categorized?

The way Evernote works, all notes are assigned to a notebook; there's no way to create a note that is not assigned to a notebook. There are other methods of categorization using tags (with which others here are more familiar than I am). Is that what you're thinking of?

Archived