Problem with installing Evernote App on Windows

Hey guys, 

i have a hugh problem with my evernote desktop app for my windows pc. Just about 1 week ago, i wanted to open my evernote desktop windows app. I had to regocnize, that the app doesnt wanted to open. So i tryed to deinstall (especially all the registry entries and everything else) and then i reinstalled the app. But it didnt worked out. After just a short period of time the app is open, but then there is the text like "programm cannot be open". I have always to take my task manager in order to shoot down the programm. The thing is, that normally like i would guess, after the reinstall all the local datas should be gone, but it is not the case. When i do open the app(for that short period of time) then i can see all my local notes, which in case is for me very iritating, because there should normally be no local notes!!..

I need help from you, very urgently, because everything else is not seeming to work properly. I dont know what to do next. Maybe running my complet system down and reinstall everything knew would help, but i dont want to do this step.

• Level 5*
  1. Try running Revo Uninstaller on it. That will clean it up. Then reboot, and reinstall.
  2. All of your sync'd notes are on Evernote's servers, so nothing would be lost unless:
    1. You had notes that were not sync'd up yet before the crash
    2. You have offline notebooks that you never sync. You need a copy of your .exb file just in case for that.

FOr urgent support though, contact Evernote using the link in my sig. This is a peer support forum, not Evernote support.

ok, if in case i do install another new version of evernote (the newest would be 6.4.2.377 i thing), would my recovered local notes be possible to import them on that new version??

Because i thing i had installed a version lower bevor that thing here happened^^

• Level 5*

hope it works. You can reply here. I may or may not answer if I am not at my PC or working on other things. Someone else can jump in, or as stated earlier, official support is in my sig below. 

ok thank you very much. It did work out. But i have a black color on the left hand site. Maybe it is like it is, because it is the newest version, i dont know.

So basically my hole structure from the notes is gone right? Because there is nothing now, just my snys notices ^^

Archived