weird typing glitch

when i am in my notebook and editing $ entries,  in a simple note format, just changing amounts....it double types the preceding character.

Like I have $123.45 and want to change it to $543.21....so i backspace out all the numbers except the $ and go to put the new numbers.... and get $$43..21

Then i have to jump in and correct it. Can't make it go away, never happened for years that I've been doing this....thanks.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, northshoreshells said:

when i am in my notebook and editing $ entries,  in a simple note format, just changing amounts....it double types the preceding character.

Which platform/device and are you up to date on your versions?

I am having the same probem on my Note 5. When I typed numbers or alphabets, "$" or other symbols came up. However, there is no problem when I type on the same note on my PC platform. It's been like this for the past week. Hope Technical Support can do something about it soon. Thanks!

• Like 1

Northdhoreshells is right. The glitch stopped suddenly. Hope it doesn't come back! Now I've another question... why does it become a different font and bigger size when i do cut and paste in the same note? this is also a recent problem. 

• 1 year later...

I started having a similar glitch while typing using SwiftKey keyboard. 

The prediction feature identifies previous word or first word of previous paragraph and tries to finish it although the marker is in a new space or line. It gets impossible to write like this and I have to change apps to finish the task. 

My os is android 6.0 installed in a Moto G3. What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance.