Can't access notes/notebook on Mac (but OK on phone)

Something went wrong when Evernote (Premium, v10.6) was "indexing" on my Mac (MacBookPro Retina, 2014, OS X Sierra).  Now my Evernote on my computer has only 1 note.  All my notes and notebooks can be accessed on my phone and on the web app.  Syncing doesn't work. Downloading/Updating Evernote app doesn't work. Can someone help me to restore the information onto my computer?

• Level 5*

First off, make sure you're using the correct userid.

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  My solution would be

1. Reboot your device; this ofthe solves problems
  2. Deleting and Reinstalling Evernote  
  3. Deleting the database and letting it be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild doesn't include local notebook or unsynced notes
On 10/29/2016 at 0:47 PM, hopihoekstra said:

Something went wrong when Evernote (Premium, v10.6) was "indexing" on my Mac (MacBookPro Retina, 2014, OS X Sierra).  Now my Evernote on my computer has only 1 note.  All my notes and notebooks can be accessed on my phone and on the web app.  Syncing doesn't work. Downloading/Updating Evernote app doesn't work. Can someone help me to restore the information onto my computer?

Hi @hopihoekstra,

If your notes and notebooks appear properly on the web (at evernote.com), the first step I'd suggest is force syncing the Evernote application on your Mac.

• Open Evernote for Mac
  • Hold Option+Shift on your keyboard
  • Click the sync wheel

Please note that this process may take longer than a normal sync

This will force the Evernote application to re-sync your database from the server. Please let me know how this works out for you!

Archived