Desktop Notebooks Not Syncing With Web

JoeMD

One of the notebooks in my EN desktop simply refuses to sync with EN web. The notebook has notes in it and there also will not sync. It all seemed to be working fine yesterday, however, I tried to do some work tonight and it simply won't have it.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

• Level 5*

Just to be clear - are you changing the note in your browser,  or in the installed desktop version of the app?  This is the forum for the browser app,  but if you know that other notes in that notebook won't sync,  it sounds more like the desktop version. 

As general suggestions - are you close to your upload limit?  Does one or more of the notes exceed the maximum size limit?

I'm changing the notes in the desktop app and they aren't syncing to the web, or rather one spercific notebook and the notes in it won't sync but everything else does. I'm not where near my upload limit as the majority of my notes are text only. I doubt any would be close to the maximum upload size either.

I've tried all I can think of but it I just can't get this one notebook or its contents to sync.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JoeMD said:

I'm changing the notes in the desktop app and they aren't syncing to the web, or rather one spercific notebook and the notes in it won't sync but everything else does. I'm not where near my upload limit as the majority of my notes are text only. I doubt any would be close to the maximum upload size either.

I've tried all I can think of but it I just can't get this one notebook or its contents to sync.

Could it be a local notebook? How many notebooks do you have. Quick fix would probably be to create a new notebook and move all those notes there, if there is some database issue with that notebook.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Should've asked:  what's your OS?  If you see a 'sync' icon on the top menu bar,  with a red "!" try Ctrl-clicking the icon - sometimes that will highlight problem notes.  Also see Help > Activity Log which may show where the problems lie.  Also see  How to troubleshoot syncing issues - for anything you may have missed.

So it seemed it may have been the local notebook problem, although I've no idea how I made it local only. I created a new notebook and moved the notes to it as suggested and everything seems to be fine now. To answer the above question, I'm on Windows 10.

Archived