We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
johngreenink

How do I install the latest version of Evernote for my Mac Powerbook?

I feel as though this is a ridiculously simple question, but I cannot find a simple answer. I am trying to use keyboard shortcuts on Evernote for basic word processing/ document typing, writing. I am used to using Command + k as a way to call up a box for entering a hyperlink, but it is not working. I attribute this to the fact that I may not have the latest version of Evernote installed. I've searched everywhere for a clear answer as to how I can either 1) check which version I am using and/or 2) update to the most recent version (I am a paid user). Can one not install the latest version via using the web version, does it have to be a native app on the desktop (?), or am I completely doing this wrong? Thanks for any help.

On 2016-10-26 at 11:40 AM, johngreenink said:

I've searched everywhere for a clear answer as to how I can either 1) check which version I am using and/or 2) update to the most recent version (I am a paid user). Can one not install the latest version via using the web version, does it have to be a native app on the desktop (?), or am I completely doing this wrong?

>> 1) check which version I am using Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 6.15.11 PM.png

Click on   Evernote > About Evernote

As you can see, I'm using version 6.10 Beta 3 (Direct)

There are two download sources:  
- Direct from the Evernote site
- Apple App Store

>> 2) update to the most recent version

The current release is version 6.9.2Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 6.21.13 PM.png

For the direct download, you can click on Evernote > Check for Updates
or go to https://evernote.com/download/

Alternatively, you can use the Apple App Store