Lists and Random Cursor Leap

Here's yet another instance of Random Cursor Leap.

Normally, the keys CTRL + RIGHT ARROW mean moving to the end of the next word. This is a norm across Google Docs, MS Word, and, yes, Evernote.

But, if you put your cursor at the end of the last item in a list in Evernote, then press  CTRL + RIGHT ARROW, the cursor jumps to the end of the note. This end is often very far away and has nothing to do with where you want the cursor to be.

As a keyboard shortcut lover, I humbly request a fix. :)

• Level 5

I can confirm this partially. In very brief testing, it only seemed to happen if there was a blank line and a horizontal rule after the last item in the list, but not otherwise.

BTW, isn't it correct that CTRL + RIGHT ARROW moves to the beginning of the next word?

On 10/26/2016 at 3:20 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I can confirm this partially. In very brief testing, it only seemed to happen if there was a blank line and a horizontal rule after the last item in the list, but not otherwise.

Even if it only happens in those limited circumstances, it still seems like a bug that ought to be fixed.

Unfortunately, Evernote employees have stopped responding to my threads and have not fixed a single bug I have ever brought up, so I'm going to assume this is an Everbug.

On 10/26/2016 at 3:20 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

BTW, isn't it correct that CTRL + RIGHT ARROW moves to the beginning of the next word?

Yes, this is what I meant!

Archived