(Archived) Sequencing of Notes Before Merging - Easier Way?

Looking for an easier way to merge multiple notes - a la, selecting the notes and then being able to move up/down individual notes in the proper order before final merge.

Only way I know to do it today is to edit each note in some way to change the modified date/time and be sure to modify them in reverse order - note I want last I modify first. Then sort in descending date order, highlight them all, right-click and merge notes.

Is there an easier way???

If I merge them out-of-sequence, cutting and pasting can mess with the formatting - not a good alternative in a lot of cases.

If I placed this in wrong location or has been answered elsewhere, apologies. Searched but didn't find an answer.

Thanks for reply. If the point of that reference is that I can Cmd-Click (Mac) each note in the order I want and then merge and they will be constructed into the note in that order, it doesn't work - at least in the Mac version. Haven't tried Win version. Did I misunderstand the point?

Thanks for reply. If the point of that reference is that I can Cmd-Click (Mac) each note in the order I want and then merge and they will be constructed into the note in that order, it doesn't work - at least in the Mac version. Haven't tried Win version. Did I misunderstand the point?

Yes, IME, in the Windows client, click order determines order in the resultant note.

BurgersNFries wrote:

Yes, IME, in the Windows client, click order determines order in the resultant note.

Thanks! Tried it in Windows version. Clicked first note that I wanted to be the overall note title/description. Ctrl-clicked additional notes I wanted to be merged following the first note's content. Right-Clicked/Merge - they got merged in the appearance order - not the click order. Also tried Ctrl-clicking notes and using Note/Merge menu option - no difference.

Archived