Shared tags

themadmax

Idea

Long discussed, I know, but I would love to have shared notebooks be more collaborative: specifically, let someone with whom a notebook is shared add (and yes, delete) tags.  Currently if I share with someone, they add a line at the beginning "Tag with:  " and their requested tag.  But...then they can't create tag hierarchies (also unavailable more than 1 deep with notebooks) and their tags list is ugly.  My tags have the <<TAG>>plus my user ID.  If they share a notebook or note with me, tagged with something I already have a tag for, another tag is created.  Example: I share my Kenneth Waltz notes tagged: Waltz, realism to them, and they share their John Mearsheimer notes tagged: Mearsheimer, realism, I have now four tags: Waltz, realism, Mearsheimer<<ID>> and realism <<ID>> and no way to organize them (EG: put both Waltz and Mearsheimer under 'realism') and neither do they.  Nor can we create a shared notebook (IR Theories) and subfolders (Realism, Liberalism, etc) and sub-subs (Waltz writings, Mearsheimer writings, etc).  

2 replies to this idea

I don't have an answer here (I wish), but to piggy back on that question, is there a version of Evernote where multiple people in a shared notebook can create new tags?  That feature is critical for me and my small team.  If that exists, we will certainly upgrade, but not sure if it's possible on any Evernote version.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, abgreenberg4425 said:

I don't have an answer here (I wish), but to piggy back on that question, is there a version of Evernote where multiple people in a shared notebook can create new tags?  That feature is critical for me and my small team.  If that exists, we will certainly upgrade, but not sure if it's possible on any Evernote version.

In the standard version of Evernote, only the owner of a shared notebook may create new tags, in any Evernote client. In Evernote for Business, I have found anecdotal reports (e.g. https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/37258-archived-business-tag-creation-and-sharing/#comment-202291) that users can create tags in notebooks shared to them, but I haven't been able to find anything official yet.

Archived