Which Evernote default on Windows 10 tablet?

Which version of Evernote is the default for Windows 10 on a Surface tablet?

From the Windows Shop it is Evernote Touch, but I didn't think that this was supported any more. I tried to install Windows from the EN site but this directed me to google apps, which stated that it was already installed.  ??

The Touch version is ok to use (version 3.3.0.102). With the Windows version that I previously had installed, it was far too easy to move the position of tags and notebooks and to nest them into unwanted groups.

Thanks, as always for any help

Hi

I bought a Surface Pro 4 recently and installed Evernote (desktop, beta) on it. Works perfectly fine if not used with touches. I wanted to show my boss some research I did and messed up my stacks and my tags completely. As well, scrolling down in a note window seems to select text. Rubbish :-(

This EN is perfect (at least really usable) for mice and keyboards, but unusable for touch screens.

Any alternative / lookout appreciated

Cheers

André

When you go to Windows Store, it still downloads EN Touch, and does not have Evernote for Windows. I was under the impression that apps should be downloaded from Windows Store, but I guess that is only if they are made specifically for Windows 10. I have since downloaded the latest EN for Windows from the Evernote site. This is certainly no replacement for EN Touch, I agree Andre, that it is hard to use on a tablet. But you can still download the Tablet version from the Window Store  which still works fine.

Evernote for Windows to replace Evernote Touch

On August 2, 2016, Evernote Touch will be replaced with the full-featured Evernote for Windows desktop app in the Windows Store. If you’re currently using Evernote Touch, updating to Evernote for Windows will allow you to take advantage of all the best features of Evernote on your Windows 10 devices.

I reset my machine over the weekend, meaning that there was no memory of Evernote ever having been on it.

What may have happened is that Touch was installed and then overwritten by the later Windows version once the updates clicked in. Evernote did suggest that it would be automatically updated. In the meantime, I suggest that you stick with the latest and then scream your sox off at Evernote to make it 'tablet' friendly. I might even join in.

The Windows Store version of EN will only update to the desktop-version if you're on Win10 Anniversary Update + patches - specifically version 10.0.14393.103 (or greater). If you're on anything older, you'll get the older "Evernote Touch" version.

11 hours ago, dconnet said:

The Windows Store version of EN will only update to the desktop-version if you're on Win10 Anniversary Update + patches - specifically version 10.0.14393.103 (or greater). If you're on anything older, you'll get the older "Evernote Touch" version.

Nice to know; now I regret having the latest and greatest OS version installed ...

Any chance I get touch from somewhere, @dconnet ?

20 hours ago, dconnet said:

The old Touch version is no longer supported and only available on older versions of Windows.

Ok, let me ask differently: Is it planned to support touch based windows devices? If yes, by when?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, andreb said:

Ok, let me ask differently: Is it planned to support touch based windows devices? If yes, by when?

See e.g. the forum post https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/98381-evernote-touch-replacement/#comment-422462 and further. I'd assume that now that they're down to shipping one executable, they'll be able to improve their touch support eventually. Timetables for that are anybody's guess -- they don't typically get specific on that sort of stuff.

One thing that would make EN desktop easier to use on a tablet would be allow touch scrolling on the 'notebook' lists as well as the 'note panel'. Scrolling with touchscreen works with the 'notelists' but  acts like a 'drag and drop' editor with the 'left panel'. This creates chaos with accidental notebook re-ordering. 

• 1 month later...

Microsoft Surface ( and perhaps others too) give the option on the mouse pad to do a two finger scroll. This works neatly with the problem that I just mentioned above.

Maybe you all knew this and just kept quiet so as to not show me up. If not, try it out. I believe it is the default setting, so just try sliding two fingers on the mousepad on the 'left panel' and the 'note panel' to see it work. If it doesn't work, select 'ON' for 'use a two finger drag to scroll' in Windows mouse settings.

It is not as efficient as 'touching' the screen, but works well if you remember it when you are in Evernote

Archived