unable to decrypt text from older notes

Hi,

I have some notes with sections of encrypted text generated several years ago (2011 or so), which I can't decrypt using the desktop application.  The "Note Decryption" popup will become stuck on top of the application and will not go away after clicking 'cancel' or 'OK'. The only way to make it disappear is to close the application.

I am able to decrypt the text using the web interface and the Android app.

Has anybody else observed this? I am using Version 6.10 Beta 2 (454213 Direct) for Mac. 

Thanks!
Giovanni

• Level 5*

Hi.  Where you find such a note,  is it possible to update the encryption by copying the content to plain text and then encrypting it again in your current application?  I don;t know how the process may have changed in 5 years,  but this may be the workaround you will have to rely on to rescue your old encrypted notes...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Where you find such a note,  is it possible to update the encryption by copying the content to plain text and then encrypting it again in your current application?  I don;t know how the process may have changed in 5 years,  but this may be the workaround you will have to rely on to rescue your old encrypted notes...

yes, this is what I was thinking of doing... however it seems the whole note needs to be recreated, so I need to change the timestamp etc. a little bit of a pain, but probably necessary. 

thanks!!

Giovanni

Archived