Letters in Tag field enter backwards

mrapplegate

When I enter text in the Tag field of the web clipper they appear backwards, for example if I want to type Photoshop the text enters as pohsotohp. I made a movie to show you.

Any ideas? I uninstalled the web clipper form Safari. I installed the developer version and the version from the Apple Gallery. Both are version 6.9.4. 

Is there any hidden files I need to delete to completely uninstall? I noticed it kept my user name and account settings after the uninstall. Maybe a suggestion to completely uninstall.

Thanks,

Paul

Safari Technology PreviewScreenSnapz001.mov

• Level 5*

That's very odd.  Sorry, I don't have a solution - my standard advise is to reboot your device, delete and reinstall

I just tried it on my Mac, and was unable to duplicate the error

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did not think to check Chrome. At this point it does not matter. I gave up on Evernote and won't renew my Pro status when it expires in April.

I've moved to DEVONthink Pro Office. It seems to work for me, and more importantly their support is better.

• Level 5*

OK - we got nothing.  As @DTLow said - reboot your device, delete and reinstall

If that doesn't work and you're a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support directly at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or anyone can message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Wow, I thought I was losing my mind. Same thing here, just noticed for the first time. Totally nuts. Safari 10.1, Yosemite 10.10.5. 

My workaround was to rename the tag in Evernote desktop afterwards (and after the screen shot was taken). 

What on earth is going on? 

(Note, the normal tag was created long ago, before this bug started.)

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 6.50.30 PM.jpg

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, zornie said:

No solution? This just happened to me: Mac OS 10.12.4, Safari 10.1, Web Clipper version 6.7

Try Support - the more reports they get,  the more likely they are to fix this - and you'll get an Evernote answer rather than another user (like me) commenting.  Plus the more information Evernote have about how this happens the quicker they can get to that fix...

4 hours ago, IAMN said:

This just started happening to me in Safari????  Any solutions for this yet?

I believe this was an issue in an older version of the Safari Clipper. If you haven't updated the Clipper to version 6.11, do so following these steps to resolve the issue:

To reinstall the Evernote Web Clipper for Safari, follow these steps:

1. Open Safari and select Safari > Preferences from the menu bar
2. Choose Extensions > Evernote Web Clipper > Uninstall
3. Quit and reopen Safari
4. Download and install the Evernote Web Clipper from http://evernote.com/webclipper

Please let me know how this works out for you.

Same problem here (screen shot attached). Running Safari version 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34) on Sierra 10.12.4. Deleting and reinstalling the extension fixed the issue, and I logged a ticket with support. Posting here just so there's another point towards a development resolution. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 12.40.46 PM.jpg

When I try to add a new tag in the web clipper window, the tag gets typed backwards. AND when I tried to submit a ticket, there's no submit button. Such a great product, but this is a weird way to report a bug.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 3:10 PM, BSR said:

I believe this was an issue in an older version of the Safari Clipper. If you haven't updated the Clipper to version 6.11, do so following these steps to resolve the issue:

4. Download and install the Evernote Web Clipper from http://evernote.com/webclipper

BSR's steps worked for me. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that this bug appeared as a result of an interim update to Mac OS.

However, there is still an issue. Evernote informs us of new versions of the application, both in Mac OS and in iOS, but it does not inform us of new versions of the Safari extension.

Why is that?

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, jsrnephdoc said:

However, there is still an issue. Evernote informs us of new versions of the application, both in Mac OS and in iOS, but it does not inform us of new versions of the Safari extension.

Why is that?

I assume that Evernote has to submit new version of Clipper to Safari in the same way it does for Chrome and Firefox.  Evernote don't control the approval process,  though they can decide when and how to release Evernote updates.

• Level 5*

I have several extensions - they pretty much run themselves.  In Firefox it is possible to option whether or not add-ins will update automatically.  Can't comment on Safari.

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2017 at 0:10 PM, BSR said:

Worked! Quick and easy! Thanks, BSR!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/10/2017 at 2:10 PM, BSR said:

Ok. Thanks. It worked for me. Best regards. Francisco. 

Archived