Missing Tags drop-down filter list

Hello,

I've just updated my Evernote version to the latest (6.3.3), and my head is about to explode because I'm missing a very important feature: in my previous version (don't know which exact number...), one could filter tags in the Tag View by using a drop-down list in the top bar. You could see "All tags", "My tags", and "Personal tags". Now, this option is not visible anywhere.

Does anyone knows where it is? Has it been removed? Is it now a premium feature? I've been searching around the web for the last hour without an answer.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry but I don't recognise the feature from your description - but have you tried typing into the search box in the tag view window?  It's easy to get all tags containing 'b',  'ba',  'ban'  by just typing letters...  Can you describe what sort of typical filtering process that you'd want to go through?

Sorry for my lack of explanation, I was desperate looking for a solution.

First, I'm on Windows. Attached you can find a screenshot of what I'm looking for (taken from version 5.7.2, to which I happily reverted yesterday).

I'm obviously well aware of the search function, but this is not the purpose of the drop-down list. The list allows you to select only "My Tags", which hides every shared tag from the view. This is essential when organizing your tags (at least for me, because I have lots of shared uncontrollable tags, and a good clean hierarchy for my own tags).

As I said, I solved it by reverting back to version 5.7.2, but my question stills remains - what has happened to this feature in latest versions?

Tag-filter.png

• Level 5*

Light dawns...  you're right - I hadn't noticed that option disappeared.  I'm a premium user,  so it's not a subscription issue;  it must have been removed sometime after 5.7.2 for some reason.  For more explanation I can only suggest that you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter - we're a user-supported forum so design choices / changed elements are outside our pay grade.  ;)

Thank you for your answer! I'll try to contact them more formally to see if this feature can get back, it's so basic to me... I just asked here because you probably keep track of most changes, so maybe it was just an internal decision you were already aware of, or some kind of subscription change.

Thanks again :)

Damn, it seems that contacting support is only allowed for subscriptors :( Twitter doesn't seem to be helpful either.

@gazumped: if you feel this feature should be back and you're willing to open a ticket, I'd be grateful. Otherwise I'll just cross my fingers and wait for future releases.

Archived