Layout issue clipped gmail message

PaulRuijgrok

I am using gmail in chrome.

When I am clipping a gmail-message and select email, the message is added to evernote.

However, when I look at the note in evernote web as well as on my android app, the email message is not shown correctly. All letter are shown among each other and this used to work correctly. Please advise how to fix this

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  That's very odd.  My Gmail clipping is fine - could you try another browser to see whether it's the one you normally use which is causing the issue?  And - does Simplify or Remove Formatting work?

I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter - I'm not aware of any other users having this issue,  but they will have more information on that...

I've tested it. These are my findings:

1. Clipping in Chrome, Viewing in Chrome: not OK

1. Clipping in Chrome, Viewing in Android app: was not OK, now it is

1. Clipping in Chrome, Viewing in Edge: OK

1. Clipping in Edge, Viewing in Chrome: not OK

1. Clipping in Edge, Viewing in Android app: was not OK, now it is

1. Clipping in Edge, Viewing in Edge:  OK

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue as Paul here, using Chrome 54, Evernote Web clipper 6.10, OSX 10.11.6. Tried to reinstall web clipper, update/restart Chrome, clear cache etc. Also tried with Safari 10.0.1 and Evernote Web clipper - same result. When I'm in Gmail and hit the Web clipper function the preview looks strange (see screenshot). Saving it to Evernote gets the same as in Pauls screenshot. I see that Pauls using Gmail in Dutch (if I'm not mistaken). I'm using Gmail in Swedish. I switched to English (US) to see if it might solve the problem but nope. Still the same. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pic.png

Came here looking to see if anyone else has this issue.

I experience the same using a Chromebook.

Clipping from Gmail gives a long line of characters in the web app and sometimes (not always) in the Android app.

screenshot-www.evernote.com 2016-11-05 23-06-36.png

Archived