Keyboard not showing what I typed

I'mean using andriod tablet.  I'm having pproblems to type  dates or words chosen. I have uninstalled evernote apps and reinstall it. Or change language setting to another language and changed it back to English. Or restart my andriod tablets.  It didnt help at all.  I'm still facing the same problem. Please help advice! 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  You've already done most or all of the things we can suggest.  You say you're 'having problems',  but not exactly what those problems are - can you give us more detail?  Not sure that this (user supported) forum can be a great deal of help - I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Julie.b0849 said:

I mean evernote Web is nnot supported oon andriod browser. 

This above sentence is an example. when I type not or on it appears as double n and o. sometimes it works already sometime not.. 

When that happens to me, I find rebooting my device sometimes fixes the problem

I'm having the same nuisance problem since last week. Very disabling!  Some typed characters are doubled and overwrite the following character  eg ((oubled) was typed correctly! should be (doubled).

Im using Samsung Galaxy S6, with latest version. I have uinstalled and reinstalled, but still the same!!!

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, frankdevitt said:

I'm having the same nuisance problem since last week. Very disabling!  Some typed characters are doubled and overwrite the following character  eg ((oubled) was typed correctly! should be (doubled).

Im using Samsung Galaxy S6, with latest version. I have uinstalled and reinstalled, but still the same!!!

Hi.  There are many keyboard options out there - search "keyboards for android" in the Play store.  Can you try an alternative keyboard to see if this is a problem with the standard Galaxy software?

5 hours ago, Matt W. said:

Hi @frankdevitt,

We are currently investigating this. I have seen some reports that the Samsung Keyboard application is not working correctly with the most recent update and we already have some instances under review by the team.

More information to come soon.

Thanks. It can't be the Samsung Keyboard at fault. It was working ok with Evernote up to two weeks ago (or so) and the keyboard still works okay with other apps.

Frank

Hi @Matt W.

Here's a hint that might help solve it: the problem seems to happen predominantly (maybe always??) after RETURNING from of the symbol ('Sym') page of the keyboard.

I can't get it to happen now BEFORE using the 'sym' page in any new note.

But, this is urgent. I've stopped using evernote now, it's impossible to work with.

• Level 5

@frankdevitt, let me second @gazumped's suggestion of temporarily using a different keyboard app from the Play Store. I know that everyone gets used to the keyboard they're familiar with, and using a new one will be a pain at first. But it might let you use Evernote, and hopefully it will only be temporary, until EN figures out the issue between the recent update of the app and the Samsung keyboard.

What keyboard are you using, Carolyn?  I thought this might have been a Swiftkey bug for me, but it only happens in Evernote.  I also get double spaces between words when editing in the middle of sentences and spaces before punctuation.  It's making my usual extensive note-taking in Evernote quite difficult.

Have you noticed any of these in addition to your problem?

Not to pile on here, but I started having the same problem with in the last week.  It affects my Galaxy S6 only, and android Evernote only.  What I noticed is that typing a symbol will result in the next key stroke duplicating that symbol.  Typing $5 results in $$...hitting 5 again results in $$5.  If I try to type a hyphenated word like bone-in, as soon as I type the 'i' the result is bbone- and then I can complete the 'in' and end up with bbone-in.  It acts like auto-correct but I have that turned off. Please help.

Thanks to @gazumped and @Dave-in-Decatur. I will look at an alternative keyboard as you suggest.

But I hate doing it in practice and in principle! The principle is that App suppliers (not just Evernote) should be far less casual about quality of upgrades. My phone is one of the most popular in the world, yet its standard keyboard doesn't work! It's like buying oil for a VW car engine - when an engine oil spec changes and doesn't suit the engine, the proposed solution is to change the engine!

Sorry for the minor rant! Otherwise I really like Evernote (I even pay for it!) and it's a pity they've let themselves down here, in my view.

• Level 5

A perfectly reasonable rant, @frankdevitt. I generally don't use the Samsung keyboard, instead using Smart Keyboard Pro because of its ability to type in other languages and its customizability, so I haven't experienced the problem. I did try with the Samsung KB briefly, and I couldn't get the problem to happen. But lots of people seem to be reporting it.

Hi All, 

Looks like I'm not the only one facing this problem. My husband played around with my Samsung Tab A setting and solved this problem.  He couldn't recall what he had done.  But I noticed one setting has been changed.  At Language and input, the Preferred TTS engine setting changed from "Samsung text-to-speech engine" to "Google Text-to-speech engine".  Default keyboard remains as "Samsung keyboard".  

Hope this is helpful. 

Those changes did not help me.  In my hyphenized example above the fact that the keystroke after the hyphen placed another 'b' in front of the word, 5 characters away, leads me to believe this is not a keyboard issue at all.  In my $5 example, the keystroke after the $ may be placing another $ in front of the first, not after the first.

Yes, so I see others are experiencing the same thing on their Samsung Galaxy S6's.  The EN keyboard/auto-correct worked fine for years, but then recently it really began to go haywire repeating symbols and letters that I'm not even typing, auto-correcting in a weird manner, etc.  It can be really frustrating and it continues to do this even when I shut off auto-correct.  

On my Mac I access EN through the Google Chrome browser and it works perfectly, but even shutting off auto-correct on my Galaxy S6 doesn't change the dysfunction.  

I'll stay tuned here in the hopes this gets resolved soon.  I've always loved the app, but this makes my note-taking problematic, which is very important for me.  

Thanks!  

Hello All,

This is a currently a known issue and it appears to be specific to Samsung. Our dev team is working with their team to figure out how to resolve this issue. In the meantime, you can download the Google Keyboard from the Play Store and this should resolve the issue.

Once there is an update on a fix for this issue, I will be sure to let you all know.

Matt W,

Thanks for your response.  I updated Evernote to the beta version.  The problem I described seems better.  Let me explain.

I typed "Genesis 3:17"  -- previously, the colon would have been duplicated or triplicated with an additional colon or number.  Also numbers would be duplicated and sometimes an entry would duplicate the first letter of the word -- even though it was several characters prior to the current entry.  This time, all went well until I entered the "7" at which time, the "7" replaced the "1."  I backspaced and re-entered the "1" and "7" and it worked.  Then, I deleted the whole phrase and the entry went well.  I deleted again and the 7 replaced the 1 again.  Subsequently, the entry went well.  Looks like a partial fix, but much better from a user's perspective.

I will keep testing.

John

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 20/03/2017 at 1:58 PM, jlaw3288@gmail.com said:

I cannot even type my password in due to keyboard does not pop up.

I'd recommend you contact support if you can,  or tweet @EvernoteHelps for assistance.  Have you tried other keyboards on your device?

Archived