Tags in ios share

masonfocus

Idea

Tagging is the primary way I, if not all of us, managing the notes. Sharing in ios with tags is now possible, but still limited to select tags from existing ones. it's harder to locate a tag than to type into one. Besides, why can't we add new tags? Please make it possible.

5 replies to this idea

15 hours ago, DTLow said:

This is not an IOS issue. With shared notebooks, you are restricted to only use existing tags - not add new tags

Currently, the solution is to contact the Notebook owner and ask for the new tag to be added.  

My practice is for my sharees to add the tag to the title in the form of NewTag_xxxx

I have a saved search to identify these.  I actually don't want new tags added at random

What I meant is not to share my note with others. I mean the ios sharing in which I can add a certain source to my evernote. The primary problem is feedly. When I want to add a feedly article to my evernote, my procedure goes like this: save to pocket, open pocket, open the source page, and then tag and clip that page, and then use ifttt to automatically save a taged item to pocket again. Either saving to evernote directly(a feedly pro function which allows to choose which notebook to save to) or using the ios sharing, there is no way to add tags.  Actually using ios sharing with pocket allow me to add tags to pocket, but even with a ifttt, there is no way to transfer the tags and the whole article to evernote. 

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, masonfocus said:

What I meant is not to share my note with others. I mean the ios sharing in which I can add a certain source to my evernote. The primary problem is feedly. When I want to add a feedly article to my evernote, my procedure goes like this: save to pocket, open pocket, open the source page, and then tag and clip that page, and then use ifttt to automatically save a taged item to pocket again. Either saving to evernote directly(a feedly pro function which allows to choose which notebook to save to) or using the ios sharing, there is no way to add tags.  Actually using ios sharing with pocket allow me to add tags to pocket, but even with a ifttt, there is no way to transfer the tags and the whole article to evernote. 

Sorry I misunderstood the sharing.

I also use Feedly.   I don't have the pro version
My process for saving to Evernote is to click on IOS Sharing, and then click on Evernote.  

You're right, I can't type a tag name or add new tags (same with Notebooks) 

I usually use my default Inbox notebook, and follow up afterwards with tagging. I also have a set of tags and don't often create  new tags.

fwiw   I can use the alpha index and scrolling to locate tags

IMG_1406.PNGIMG_1407.PNGIMG_1408.PNGIMG_1409.PNG

54 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Sorry I misunderstood the sharing.

I also use Feedly.    I don't have the pro version
My process for saving to Evernote is to click on IOS Sharing, and then click on Evernote.  

You're right, I can't add new tags.  I usually use my default Inbox notebook, and follow up afterwards with tagging. I also have a set of tags and don't often create  new tags.

IMG_1406.PNGIMG_1407.PNG

exactly, as you can see, you can select a tag but not add a new tag. I have loads of tags and it's hard to locate one. Why not make adding tag possible with tag suggestion?   

Is anyone from the Evernote team actually monitoring this space? This is a major usability issue with Evernote and I am actually considering canceling my pro subscription unless this is fixed very soon. I rely heavily on the tagging feature and not being able to add new tags on the fly from the iOS web clipper is a major showstopper for me. Also, having to select the tags by scrolling through an endless list of tags is another major UX nightmare, why don't you simply implement the typeahead search like in all browser clipper versions?

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Robert Seso said:

Is anyone from the Evernote team actually monitoring this space? This is a major usability issue with Evernote and I am actually considering canceling my pro subscription unless this is fixed very soon. I rely heavily on the tagging feature and not being able to add new tags on the fly from the iOS web clipper is a major showstopper for me. 

This is a user forum, but I understand Evernote does monitor posts.

One of the things they check is how many votes a feature request has received (voting in the upper left corner of the discussion)

>>Also, having to select the tags by scrolling through an endless list of tags is another major UX nightmare

You could make use of the alpha index on the right side.  It makes the list less endless

Archived