(Archived) java.langIllegalStateException

awilliams53

This is a known issue!

If you search this Android Forum, you will find several of us are experiencing this problem. :)

Hopefully, the fine engineers at Evernote will fix this bug pronto, 'cuz it renders the Android version just about useless.

Hang in there.

Don

I found that I was getting the error for any notes that I had edited on my Mac. When I opened them via the web interface and added a space to the text, the Android version was able to successfully open the note again.

Mac Version 1.8.1

Android Version 1.4B2

With all due respect, that's not an acceptable workaround."

I'm with midtoad on this. FYI, I upgraded the Evernote Android client to 1.3.1 on my Moto Droid this morning. No improvement to the java problem.

I am sympathetic to the Evernote software engineers trying to support a dizzying variety of devices with a wide range of operating systems, and then subversions of those OSes and on and on.

Still, anything out of the Apple mobile eco-system is just not done very well in my opinion -- having had great disappointments with both the Evernote for Blackberry and Droid versions.

I'd almost prefer that Evernote take a "mobile web only" approach rather than issuing poorly executed platform-specific mobile apps that unreliably and half-heartedly imitate a more robust mobile version.That tack would at least set my expectations and orient my work-flow.

In my opinion, the state of Evernote development now -- limping along with sorta \ kinda \ almost implementations for many devices (while working like crazy to chase the shiny lure of the iPad before its released) -- is wasteful and just not helpful for those of us not on the iPhone/iPad platform. (BTW, I'm essentially an all-Apple computing shop, but prefer the Verizon network, so I have nothing against the gang in Cupertino...)

Up until about a week ago, I was an Evernote Premium customer. No longer. Wasn't billed or notified that my annual subscription was ending. Noticed one day when the ads popped back up. I don't miss the Premium status (kept hoping it would bring me real editable Tables!) and I won't be renewing it.

I found that I was getting the error for any notes that I had edited on my Mac. When I opened them via the web interface and added a space to the text, the Android version was able to successfully open the note again.

Thanks for the workaround srsabu. Hopefully the folks here at Evernote have a real fix in the works for this major functionality bug.

Hey folks -

Thanks for the report. It's a top priority on the Android for us. Notes created on the Mac somehow break the Android note viewer. I don't have a schedule for the fix but it's something we're working on.

Thanks for your understanding. We'll post a beta with a fix as soon as we have it.

Archived