6.9.2 update problems

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, KAGoldberg11 said:

Evernote 6.9 on Mac OS X 10.11.6. Evernote tells me there's a critical update. I click, and it takes me to the App Store's Evernote page. At that point, there is no option to update. Only "Open." How do I actually update the program?

There is always a delay with apps getting to the App Store; I prefer to use the Evernote site.

Also, it sounds like you are looking in the wrong place for updates.

Along the top at the App Store app, you should see a link for updates.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 9.56.41 AM.png

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, KAGoldberg11 said:

> Along the bottom....

The bottom of what? I haven't seen a "download update" link. That would be great.

Note I corrected my post.  The Mac App Store has the links along the top

@DTLow the OP was accurately describing the page that we get taken to when we click on the "critical update" link inside Evernote.  Could be a limitation of the App Store or the way Evernote is linking to it, but it confusingly does NOT take us to the update page.

That said, as I noted earlier in a separate thread, even when checking for updates, my Mac reports no updates found.  Running 10.11.6, which still claims that 6.9.0 is the latest version.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

@DTLow the OP was accurately describing the page that we get taken to when we click on the "critical update" link inside Evernote.  Could be a limitation of the App Store or the way Evernote is linking to it, but it confusingly does NOT take us to the update page.

And when you get the page, you should click on the Updates link to actually retrieve the update, when available

As I said, I bypass all that and download directly from Evernote

The App Store's UPDATES panel does not show that Evernote needs to be updated. I've had Evernote for a long time. 

Q1: Is there a way to tell if I used the App Store to get it, or if I downloaded it from a different website? Note that my "About Evernote" dialog says "Version 6.9 (454042 App Store)"

Q2: Does Evernote update itself in the background? I am no longer receiving the critical-update-available message, but the version does not say 6.9.2.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, KAGoldberg11 said:

Q1: Is there a way to tell if I used the App Store to get it, or if I downloaded it from a different website? Note that my "About Evernote" dialog says "Version 6.9 (454042 App Store)"

That's a good indication; mine says Direct

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As I said, I bypass all that and download directly from Evernote

I prefer to use the Mac app store as it's slightly safer due to each application being sandboxed.  Of course, it's a bit frustrating at times like these...

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, KAGoldberg11 said:

Evernote 6.9 on Mac OS X 10.11.6. Evernote tells me there's a critical update. I click, and it takes me to the App Store's Evernote page. At that point, there is no option to update. Only "Open." How do I actually update the program?

It's odd, because the App Store Evernote page says version 6.9.2

The only way I know to force the update is to delete the Evernote app from your Mac.  The new version will be downloaded

• amanda_h pinned this topic
  • BSR unpinned this topic
On 10/15/2016 at 8:47 AM, amanda_h said:

If you're running the MAS version of Evernote and aren't seeing v6.9.2 appear in the Updates section, please try restarting your computer. Let me know if you're still unable to update after rebooting.

I had the issue described by the OP. Rebooting my MacBook resolved it. 

1. I rebooted.
  2. I launched App Store (not Evernote) and went to Updates.
  3. The Evernote update was now visible (along with an additional update for another app that hadn't been visible prior to update).

So this seems like an issue with MacOS and App Store, rather something specific to Evernote.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide an update on this issue.

There appears to be a known issue to Apple with the Mac App Store app where users have been unable to update Mac App Store purchases or updates do not seem available.

You can find more details in Apple's support article on the issue here:

Mac App Store: Cannot update App Store purchases 

If you experience this issue, please try restarting your computer. I know that may sound obvious, but we have seen reports of this clearing the issue up for several users. If you continue to experience the issue after restarting your computer, contact Apple for support here:

http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/contact/

Thanks!

Archived