Buggy formatting when pasted from .pdf

Hey guys,

Apologies for adding ANOTHER buggy formatting complaint to the pile - I am aware these problems are tricky and well-discussed already, but can't find a solution to my now longstanding annoyances with copying and pasting text to and from Evernote.

Specifically, I am finding frequently that pasting text from .pdf documents into Evernote (which I always do with shift+cmd+v to adjust to EverNote format) will sometimes look fine in the OSX editor, but then when I paste it into another editor (in my cases usually Pages), there will be weird formatting issues -- most commonly line breaks between words, which are impossible to delete. So I'll paste a paragraph into EverNote, copy that paragraph later and paste into Pages, and there will be big gaps between words that defy all logic! I've also realised that the spaces that appear correspond to the line breaks on the original .pdf (see attached files)

Pasting the text into TextEdit and converting to Plain Text does not resolve the issue, the gaps are still there even on TextEdit.

Forgive me if this is a frequently-cited issue, I couldn't find a similar forum post. Also forgive me if this is a basic error, I'm no expert in the terminology and code of text formatting.

Thanks!

Callum

I've included files of the copy and pasted paragraph in its original pdf, on Evernote and on TextEdit, to show how the formatting changes

pasted into TextEdit.jpg

Evernote.jpg

original pdf.jpg

Archived