Upgrading to business ?

Hello,

I'm currently using Evernote in my company. The company is very small and we were using the same account for the 3 of us. It was easy to share all the notes (although it wasn't really secure...). However the conditions of use changed and we can not connect on the same account anymore.

Should we upgrade to business ? 

And if we do, how does it work ? :

1) Do each employee have an account ?

2) Can we keep some notes personal?

3) If an employee quits the company can we keep the notes he/she shared in our evernote database ?

4) Is there a minimum number of users needed to create a business account ?

Also, my chief is running 2 small companies. Should we create 2 different company accounts ? And if we do, can he access the notes from the 2 companies at the same time ? If yes,  how ?

What is the best option for us ?

Thank you for your help !

Violaine

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you mean by -

13 hours ago, CabinetJL said:

the conditions of use changed

- this business of being able to connect only on two current devices,  then you can probably get by provided one or other of you use the Evernote web.  You're allowed to connect two devices,  plus the web.  And.  if you're willing to jump up to Business,  why don't you just pay for Plus to get rid of the device limit?  IMHO Business is way over the top for a small 3-man outfit,  unless you try Plus or Premium and find them too limiting.  You can always upgrade later if necessary.

If your chief is running two companies,  he could simply create two sets of notebooks - sharing company A notebooks with that set of colleagues,  and company B notebooks with the other.  Again,  set this up in one of the current standard packages.  Once you've got the admin right,  if you find the system too limiting,  then you can consider upgrading.

If a company does get a business account,  that includes individual premium accounts for each member of staff as well as the centrally administered shared business notebooks.

Some suggested reading...

How to organize notebooks into stacks

Quick Start Guide for Evernote Business account admins

How-to: Transition from Evernote Basic, Plus or Premium to Evernote Business

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, CabinetJL said:

I'm currently using Evernote in my company. The company is very small and we were using the same account for the 3 of us. It was easy to share all the notes (although it wasn't really secure...). However the conditions of use changed and we can not connect on the same account anymore.

>>Should we upgrade to business ? 

As per @gazumped, its probably overkill and Plus would be a better idea
Sharing an account is  not a great idea - everyone should have their own account
- Use shared notebooks/notes 
- Each user can have personal notes

Thanks a lot for your help @DTLow and @gazumped !

Another question to help me make a choice : With Evernote Basic, we can only import and export notes in XML Evernote or HTML format --> Can we import and export notes in other formats (.pdf, .doc, ...) with Evernote Plus or Premium ?

Thank you

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, CabinetJL said:

Another question to help me make a choice : With Evernote Basic, we can only import and export notes in XML Evernote or HTML format --> Can we import and export notes in other formats (.pdf, .doc, ...) with Evernote Plus or Premium ?

The export feature is consistent accross all account levels - just html or xml (enex)

On the Mac platform, I have a "Duplicate note as PDF" feature, and Macs have built in print-to-pdf

Archived