Evernote only saving first page of multi-page scanned PDF

Been using EN for years as a premium subscriber. This issue just started about a week ago when I noticed that multi-page scans scanned to EN were only retaining the first page of the PDF. The scanner (Scansnap S1300i) is processing and sending all pages to EN but for some reason only the first page ends up in the note. Opening the PDF in Adobe confirms that there is only one page in the document.

If I scan to a file or email the resulting PDF contains all pages. So as a work around I am having to scan to desktop then drag the PDF into EN or set the scanner to create one note per scanned page then merge inside of EN, both of which work but add a step I didn't used to have to perform.

Any ideas? I don't believe it is the scanner as it definitely scans and processes the correct number of pages. I have updated to the latest release and still have this issue. I'm running EN 6.9.2 on a Mac running Sierra 10.12.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can't offer you a fix for the scanner,  other than a Fujitsu support request - though in ScanSnap Manager (if you have it installed) you can right-click the tray icon and choose Help for some troubleshooting and update options.

If you're scanning to a Windows folder you might want to look into Import Folders (under Tools on the Evernote Desktop menu bar)

How to create import folders in Evernote for Windows

Or check out http://lifehacker.com/341950/belvedere-automates-your-self-cleaning-pc for moving files around automatically.

On 10/11/2016 at 4:02 AM, piatgroup said:

Been using EN for years as a premium subscriber. This issue just started about a week ago when I noticed that multi-page scans scanned to EN were only retaining the first page of the PDF. The scanner (Scansnap S1300i) is processing and sending all pages to EN but for some reason only the first page ends up in the note. Opening the PDF in Adobe confirms that there is only one page in the document.

If I scan to a file or email the resulting PDF contains all pages. So as a work around I am having to scan to desktop then drag the PDF into EN or set the scanner to create one note per scanned page then merge inside of EN, both of which work but add a step I didn't used to have to perform.

Any ideas? I don't believe it is the scanner as it definitely scans and processes the correct number of pages. I have updated to the latest release and still have this issue. I'm running EN 6.9.2 on a Mac running Sierra 10.12.

Thanks.

Hi, 

Same problem here.

EN for Mac 6.9.2

Scansnap Manager 3.2 L80

Scansnap is definitely scanning correctly, as it creates a pdf containing all pages.

However, for some reason, the pdf that ends up in EN only has the first page

• 4 weeks later...

So the updates in the link didn't work for me but this chat with Fujitsu did.  I blame this all on IOS 10. grrrrr

Shai:
Hello, thank you for contacting Fujitsu Technical Support. How may I help you?
Kathryn:

I have been using ScanSnap/Evernote for years. A few weeks ago, I noticed that when scanning documents using duplex, only page 1 shows up in Evernote. However, while scanning it shows that all pages front and back are being scanned. Here are the details of my equipment:
MacOS 10.12.1
ScanSnap IX500
ScanSnap Manager V 6.3 L60 
Evernote 6.10
Kathryn:
Here is what I have tried so far: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/software/mac-org12l30.html and everything checks: 1. I have all the ScanSnap updates 2. I have ScanSnap Manager V 6.3 L60. 3. I have macOS Sierra 10.12.1. But then it asks me to update ScanSnap Organizer. I tried both versions of the Organizer update and got the message that it can’t be updated Organizer is not installed. I also went through the same thing with ScanSnap Cardminder and got the same message.
Shai:
What option do you select from the quick menu after scanning?
Kathryn:
AFTER scanning?
Shai:
Yes
Kathryn:
I check Double Edged siding before scanning but I never done anything after. I'm not offered an opportunity
Shai:
Do you see a quick menu such as Scan to Folder, Scan to Email etc after scanning.
Kathryn:
No. It's setup to all go to Scan to Evernote which it does but recently it only sends one page although it scans all of them front and back. This all started when I updated to IOS 10
Kathryn:
Do you know why I would not have ORGANIZER or CARDMINDER?
Shai:
Which Evernote do you have selected? Evernote (Document) and Evernote (Note).
Shai:
Do you have ScanSnap IX500EE (Evernote Edition) model?
Kathryn:
I can only select one thing on the quick menu which I use to select simplex or duplex. I can only select one thing and if I check Evernote (Document) or Evernote (Note) it unchecks my duplex selection. It does not have the EE on the scanner. Only ix500.
Shai:
Evernote Document scans the entire batch as one PDF file. Evernote Note scans the entire batch in JPEG format. By nature, JPEG files cannot be multipage.
Kathryn:
In my Applications, I have a ScanSnap folder and a ScanSnap Evernote Edition folder. The online update is in the ScanSnap folder
Shai:
Right click or CTRL+click on the ScanSnap Manager on the dock. Go to "Setting". Above Recommended, is Use Quick Menu checked?
Kathryn:
No. Should it be?
Shai:
For testing purpose, let's check and click OK. Run a test please.
Kathryn:
OK so that worked. I had to click on "Scan to Evernote Document". I have to do that everytime?
Shai:
So Scan to Evernote Document created a multipage file and stored in Evernote, correct? Run another test scan with multiple documents and select Scan to Folder. Rename the file as "Test" and save it to your desktop please.
Kathryn:
Yes to you question and I've got the test file done
Shai:
It saved as a multipage file to your desktop?
Kathryn:
yes
Shai:
Okay. Right click or CTRL+click on the ScanSnap Manager on the dock. Go to "Setting" and uncheck Use Quick Menu.
Shai:
Go the Application tab and make sure Scan to Evernot (Document) is selected.
Kathryn:
OK but then the Profile button popped up and it says "Double sided PDF" whereas before it said "Scan to Evernote (Document)"
Kathryn:
It does say Scan to Evernote (Document) in the Application tab
Shai:
Okay, click OK and try scanning and saving to Evernote (Document).
Kathryn:
It works!
Shai:
Okay great!
Kathryn:
Damn you IOS 10. Thank you so much!!

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 19/03/2017 at 10:47 PM, Vicki111111 said:

I have the same issue but am on a Windows PC.  Help!

I'd imagine Fujitsu have similar advice for Windows 10.  If you check out their help site there's a lot of assistance for various models of scanner...

Archived