Sorting scrambled notes back to a-z

All of a sudden, all my old notes are scrambled, non-alphabetized, and some are bleeding from one folder to another.

If I create a new test note in a folder (eg., aardvaark), it seems to slot at its right place at the top of the notes list.

The entire purpose of Evernote is lost if that auto-sorting is not functioning for the already created notes.

I've tried to log out of Evernote and my computer and log back in to no avail.

Please help.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, biglarry5 said:

All of a sudden, all my old notes are scrambled, non-alphabetized, and some are bleeding from one folder to another.

If I create a new test note in a folder (eg., aardvaark), it seems to slot at its right place at the top of the notes list.

The entire purpose of Evernote is lost if that auto-sorting is not functioning for the already created notes.

I've tried to log out of Evernote and my computer and log back in to no avail.

Please help.

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  My solutions are:

1. Rebooting my device; it often solves the problem
  2. Deleting the app and database; Reinstall and let the database be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: the rebuild doesn't include local notebooks or unsynced notes

Hey, thanks a lot for responding quickly. A few minutes after I posted my plea for help, I figured out the solution myself, which is much simpler. When you press the Sort button in a particular folder, it gives you just a couple of options, non of which are a-z. However, what escaped my attention was that if you hover over that button, it will give you a whole bunch of other note sorting options. One of them is by Title, which is actually a-z. That was a huge sigh of relief.

I'm not sure what caused the scrambling, but I believe it happened when I expunged 80 notes from Trash in multiples of five. The system may've  burped as a result of such an operation.

Best - biglarry5

Archived