scan and print receipts with my phone

Hi, I'm a relative newbie at EN. I want to save receipts scanned by my phone and print them. Can anyone please point me in the direction of some easy to follow instructions please or tell me plainly and simply how to do this. TIA

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, @pwutt said:

Hi, I'm a relative newbie at EN. I want to save receipts scanned by my phone and print them. Can anyone please point me in the direction of some easy to follow instructions please or tell me plainly and simply how to do this. TIA

what platform are you on? You didn't say. I haven an iphone and by far the easiest way to do this is with Scannable, a free Evernote app in the app store. Converts receipts to PDF files that can be printed from iOS, Windows, or macOS to a printer. (iOS requires an AirPlay printer). 

I am not sure that Scannable exists on Android, and know it doesn't if you happen to use Windows Phone. Others with those platforms may chime in.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, @pwutt said:

As per @EdH, I use the Scanable app on my iPhone/iPad.  It takes the picture and automatically sends it to Evernote as an attachment to a note

Even simpler, Evernote has a camera option when editing notes. IMG_1400 copy.png
Click on the camera icon, point the camera, take the picture and it's stored as an attachment to a note.

See here for more details

Printing is a little more complicated but doable.  I rarely print, but can do so easily from my iPhone/iPad/Mac

• Level 5*

Scanning from Evernote is simpler, but Scannable is much MUCH faster. Launches instantly because it has one job to do. Fire up the camera and look for a receipt, which it snaps automatically when you line it up.

Launching Evernote is a much slower ordeal, and then you have to be in a place to insert a note, etc. This is, I think, why Scannable was created. Super fast.

On 10/11/2016 at 1:18 AM, gazumped said:

Android doesn't (yet) have Scannable.  :(

But it does have shortcuts which let you add a link on the home page to open up the camera and save it to a particular Notebook in one step :) 

Archived