Half of my note is missing!

AdamH

Hi all - 

I have a note that I edited 3-4 days ago, and somehow I must have accidentally selected and deleted about half of it, because a good half of the note is just completely gone/cut-off. I searched on the site here for an e-mail address I can contact, hoping that they'd be able to roll it back to last week or something like that and recover my data. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this? I'd really like to avoid paying a bunch of money for a year of premium just to get some data back.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You don't have to pay for a year of premium,  provided you can opt for a monthly pay scheme - check out your upgrade options online.  Note History will recover the content of notes that have been synced to Evernote's servers for 24 hours or so...

• 2 weeks later...

So would we have to do the same thing if we actually do all of our typing on Word and copy\paste our stuff over? Because when I do that, parts of paragraph are practically bleeding off the page, even when the font size is decreased. If need be, I attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Evernote issue.png

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not pretty.  Have you tried Paste & Match Style,  or Simplify or Remove Formatting?  (Don't use Remove if you like bold/ italics etc in your document!)

Another option would be to paste the content and attach the Word file. - The pasted content allows Evernote non-premium users to get the text indexed,  but any edits should be to the Word document.  An occasional re-copy/ paste keeps the note up to date.

Well, the example I attached was that night when I responded to the comment, so its not like its been sitting there for months without being touched. And unfortunately, I use the Italic\Bold\Underline in my works, so I can't remove the formatting. With that said, I can try to attach the document with what I pasted to see if that'll work.

I attached the file, but I'm pretty sure I misunderstood initially to the reason why you advised me to attach it, because it didn't solve the clipping issue. All it gave me was the clipped page with a copy of the original document to it.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, nyx.ss35 said:

I attached the file, but I'm pretty sure I misunderstood initially to the reason why you advised me to attach it, because it didn't solve the clipping issue. All it gave me was the clipped page with a copy of the original document to it.

It doesn't make your note look any better,  but at least you can open and edit / print / email etc from your Word document rather than the scrappy content.

Archived