Warn about sync on close

I use Evernote between my PC, iPad and Android Phone. But i find it annoying that it is constantly making copies of my notes within the note saying there was a conflicting entry. I think this is because I close my PC version without clicking "sync". I want to suggest that it either auto-sync on close or allow a feature to warn you that you haven't sync'd when closing the application.

17 hours ago, ddavoust said:

I use Evernote between my PC, iPad and Android Phone. But i find it annoying that it is constantly making copies of my notes within the note saying there was a conflicting entry. I think this is because I close my PC version without clicking "sync". I want to suggest that it either auto-sync on close or allow a feature to warn you that you haven't sync'd when closing the application.

In Evernote for Windows, in Tools --> Options --.> Synchronization, you can check "Synchronize changes on exit". It is the second option from the top. That  should make Evernote synchronize every time you quit it.  I do not know if this will solve the problem you are having, but the option is in there.  

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, ddavoust said:

That setting does not do anything. At least not when you close the app with the x in top right corner.

That's because when you do that, you're not actually shutting Evernote down. Use File / Exit for that.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not exactly a bug;  the option says 'sync changes on exit' and works correctly if you File>Exit.  Not sure if Windows would allow a closed app to continue to use system resources - you'd have to re-open it to quit out properly.  If that is possible though,  it would be a nice feature enhancement to continue syncing when the window is closed.   I voted for that at top left of this thread...

Archived