Nice screen cap trick

• Level 5

For a support forum for some other software, I needed to capture the right-click menu within a File-Open dialog. PrintScreen, of course, captures the whole huge screen to the clipboard; Alt+PrintScreen can't be used because Alt closes the menu; so does switching to the Windows 7 Snipping Tool. Evernote to the rescue! Pressing Win+PrintScreen to open EN's screen capture utility leaves the right-click menu open, and lets me select it or whatever amount of the dialog I need. Once the image is in an EN note, I can then save it to disk and upload it to the forum. Sweet!

• Ex Employees

thanks @Dave-in-Decatur for sharing your use case for the Evernote for Windows Desktop clipping tool!  

43 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Once the image is in an EN note, I can then save it to disk and upload it to the forum.

While dragging the crosshairs to capture your screen, you can also either press and hold the CTRL to save the clip to your clipboard, or press and hold the shift SHIFT for the clip to save to your desktop.

Additional options to manage this tool can be found by selecting Tools>Option>Clipping

Archived