Deleting all local content

I'm trying to clear out all my local content to fix an sync and export issue.

I've tried all I can do delete my local content. But every time I start Evernote it either 'upgrades local database' or migrates it from an old install from the App Store install of Evernote a while ago.

No matter what I do, it always seems to find a local copy somewhere, but I can't find it to delete it.

I can clear out /Users/username/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts but whenever I open the app again it repopulates the databases from local copies somewhere I can't find.

The user id in the accounts folder is 'www.evernote.com' which I assume is brought over from the legacy App Store install, but I can't find that where it stored its data anywhere.

No amount of Googling has lead me to an answer.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Well.  The standard uninstall / reinstall process is on the web,  along with a bunch of other troubleshooting tips.

Evernote have suggested a 'nuking from orbit' option as below -

(Some Mac issues are difficult to fix due to the App Store taking a while to approve new version of software.  It's always best to install direct from Evernote to ensure that you have the latest version of any software.)

To do that on a Mac..

• Exit Evernote
  • Backup your database
  • Download and install freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ - http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
  • Open it, and drag Evernote to the window to uninstall all traces of it from your computer.
  • Restart your computer
  • Download and re-install Evernote from evernote.com/download - http://evernote.com/download

NB  This completely removes Evernote and ALL YOUR NOTES from your Mac.  If you have any local notebooks, or unsynced notes you must FIRST export them to ENEX files before you proceed.  

After reinstall/ syncing the new EN version, you can import these notebooks/ notes back into your EN Mac database.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, mohawktimmy said:

I'm trying to clear out all my local content to fix an sync and export issue.

I've tried all I can do delete my local content. But every time I start Evernote it either 'upgrades local database' or migrates it from an old install from the App Store install of Evernote a while ago.

No matter what I do, it always seems to find a local copy somewhere, but I can't find it to delete it.

I can clear out /Users/username/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts but whenever I open the app again it repopulates the databases from local copies somewhere I can't find.

The user id in the accounts folder is 'www.evernote.com' which I assume is brought over from the legacy App Store install, but I can't find that where it stored its data anywhere.

You can delete your local database,
however when you start Evernote - it rebuilds your database from the servers

On Windows/Mac platforms, Evernote stores a complete copy of your notes

• 1 year later...

The Appcleaner suggestion from gazumped is what finally cured my syncing issues, where my laptop was 2,300 notes short of any other install. It took me forever to find this tip, which is NOT on the install/uninstall page mentioned above. 

Archived