Feature Request - View/Edit Markup

AppleGuy

Idea

I would like to make the following feature request, the ability to view and edit the Evernote markup of a note.

As you can see from the attached example, I was recently doing some research on Node.js and storing that information within Evernote. When I copy and paste information from various sources, I find indentation and other formatting can be hard to re-format. In the attached example, you can see this with the first code snippet which is indented. I had no way to adjust this indenting, even though the rest of the formatting looked great.

Another example can be seen in the white on grey reversed text. I could not find a way in Evernote to remove this grey background and easily reformat this text.

Of course, I could have pasted this is with "Paste and Match Style" but I wanted to retain most of the look (as in the code examples) but just apply some tweaking.

As an alternative, maybe you could consider an option we see in applications such as Microsoft Word, which allow Copy Formatting via a paintbrush style tool. This formatting can then be applied to other areas of the document?

Thank you for the consideration of this feature request. I am a huge Evernote fan as Premium subscriber. I would love to do a testimonial for you if that would ever be appropriate.

All the best,
Greg Paskal 

Evernote_Feature_Request_View_Edit_Markup.jpg

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not a Mac user,  but Evernote Windows Desktop does have a 'code block' option to preserve layout. 

That's a feature,  I believe,  of the new 'common editor' which has made,  or is just about to make,  the jump to Apple desktops.  If you don't already have the feature,  I'd imagine it's coming soon...

Thank you for your response. I want to make clear, this is not what I am asking for, I don't want this request to be misunderstood as a request for code blocks. I am very specifically asking for the capability to edit or modify the formatting of pasted in content such as the two examples I explained above which happened to show a code block.

Evernote, I am hopeful you will consider this feature request.

Thank You,

Greg

Archived