How to use evernote database on Mac and Windows in common?

Hello. I've bought NAS (Synology). I use Mac and Windows. I move everything I can to nas for common use on both systems (databases of programs, files, etc). Now I try to move Evernote. My mistake was decision to use Evernote some time ago, but now it is late to change something, too many documents... So... I need to move database to NAS. In Windows it is simple to move database: I can copy it to prefered destination and change path in settings. But in mac I didn't find any kind of settings for database placement. How can I set path for my databases of Evernote in Mac OS?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, usver said:

But in mac I didn't find any kind of settings for database placement. How can I set path for my databases of Evernote in Mac OS?

Relocating databases is not currently an option on the Mac Plaform

When you say "in common" did you mean use the same database.
That is impossible, they are completely different structures
Windows is a single .exb file, Mac is a folder containing many separate files

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

These are very bad news... (

Does it mean that I can't use the same data of Evernote in both of my systems: Mac OS and Windows?.. Or... are there some variants?..

I didn't want to, but one of the ways is to migrate to synology note station...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, usver said:

These are very bad news... (

Does it mean that I can't use the same data of Evernote in both of my systems: Mac OS and Windows?.. Or... are there some variants?..

I didn't want to, but one of the ways is to migrate to synology note station...

Evernote is a cloud app, automatically syncing your data between devices and a central server; including Mac and Windows. A separate database is maintained on each platform, but all the databases are kept synchronized.

• 9 months later...
Em 03/10/2016 at 12:22, DTLow disse:

Relocating databases is not currently an option on the Mac Plaform

Bad news for me... :/
Any news about that?

• Level 5*

On 2017-07-10 at 오전 11시 14분, caebrasil said:

Bad news for me... :/
Any news about that?

There’s no change, each platform has a unique database structure, with the master version maintained on the Evernote servers

Why is this bad news?

• 3 months later...

Similar question again. #!#!#!# Evernote...

I have Windows database saved on my HDD in Windows OS. How can I convert/move/... for I could use this database on my Mac OS?

DTLow, answering to your question... Are you serious? No offence, but you can't say it serious. )

"No change, unique database structure", hard life, bad economics, bla-bla-bla.  I think everybody, at least many people, understand that. Why it should be a good news? I can't use MY OWN INFORMATION the way I want. I am working on Mac Os - I want open my info on Mac OS, I am working in Windows - I want to open my info on Windows. You could say that there is online service, sync, etc... I don't want to keep my notes at someone's servers, Those notes are mine. I have notes that I want to be synced, but the most of them are private. Moreover, I would like to keep them on my home NAS. And I would like to have ability to sync it only with my NAS (kind of Evernote server), I could even pay for it. But no, developers decided instead of me. What wrong with people, why keeping info at someone's server became a standart (de facto), without any alternative of using this very usefull (I must admit it) function on your own cloud?..

As you said, there is master version. Why is is only on the Evernote servers? Why it can't be available for everyone offline? Many people use both systems. Yes, the answer is money. Why other  software developers are clever enough to make universal database for their software? Do you think Evernote was created by silly people? I don't think so. They are good at marketing, and I really tired of their attitude to their clients, tired of their monetizing strategy, but it is still no alternative.

There was no aim to offend you, I am just speaking directly. So, my appologise if I offended you.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, usver said:

I have Windows database saved on my HDD in Windows OS. How can I convert/move/... for I could use this database on my Mac OS?

We don't convert/move/... the the database
Simply install Evernote on your Mac and the app will download your data from the servers
Warning: This does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

If you insist on moving the data yourself, I'd recommend exporting the data in .enex format, then importing 
You will have to do this for local notebooks

>>I don't want to keep my notes at someone's servers
Are you sure you want to be using a cloud service?

>>Why is is only on the Evernote servers? Why it can't be available for everyone offline? 
Full copies of the data are maintained on the Win/Mac platforms.  I also have a full copy on my iPad
I access the server version (online) with my iPhone, and the web platform

>>Yes, the answer is money. 
The software is free.  The Basic Account is free

Archived