Jump to content

Open a new note directly in a new window


Recommended Posts

For a 1-sentence note, I open a new note and then type in the lower pane.

For all other notes, I prefer to open a new window whose width is set at a "comfortable" line length. In that case, I need to click "New Note", and then double-click the title in order to open that note in a new window.

This current "Topic Details" window is a good example of how difficult it is to read long lines of text :-)

I would like to see a user-configurable option to open all new notes either (a) as in the current default, or (b) directly in a new window.

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, OldGrantonian said:

For a 1-sentence note, I open a new note and then type in the lower pane.

For all other notes, I prefer to open a new window whose width is set at a "comfortable" line length. In that case, I need to click "New Note", and then double-click the title in order to open that note in a new window.

This current "Topic Details" window is a good example of how difficult it is to read long lines of text :-)

I would like to see a user-configurable option to open all new notes either (a) as in the current default, or (b) directly in a new window.

In options you can check "Create new note in a new window"

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

In options you can check "Create new note in a new window"

Thanks for response. 

I looked in all tabs in "Options" before posting. I know, because during the visit, I changed Language from "English" to "English (UK)", and that change still persists :-)

In which tab is  "Create new note in a new window" ?

I have EN 5.8.13

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, OldGrantonian said:

Thanks for response. 

I looked in all tabs in "Options" before posting. I know, because during the visit, I changed Language from "English" to "English (UK)", and that change still persists :-)

In which tab is  "Create new note in a new window" ?

I have EN 5.8.13

In 6.2, which is the latest public version, you can find it where jefito mentioned.

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...