Can't install Evernote desktop (Error Code 2755)

Hello:

I'm at a loss for solutions for my installation issue.

There's no trace of a previous Evernote installation on my PC, although I did have it installed. I've downloaded the latest installer but can't get it to work. The following dialogue boxes open, in order:

• 'The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2755.'

I click 'ok' there and the 'your installation was ended prematurely...' box with Evernote logo appears. I flick 'Finish' and then:

• a 'Setup error' box pops up with the message '(.\Bootstrapper.cpp:916) 0x643:Fatal error during installation.'

I've downloaded the installer multiple times to make sure it wasn't just a bad installer.

I've also downloaded and run Revo Uninstaller to no avail.

I'm at my wit's end and as a paid Evernote user, very frustrated that I haven't found a viable solution. I'm not sure if I can submit a support ticket as a Plus user, so I wanted to try the forum first. Any help would be appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Well,  the good news is that you can submit a ticket request - it never hurts to try,  anyway.  As you're a bit stuck,  I'd suggest submitting a ticket and then tweeting the number to @Evernotehelps for a bit of instant feedback. (Standard tickets take a few days...)

There are quite a few threads on this - try this post for the next step..

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 14/03/2017 at 6:48 PM, Naoto said:

I cannot instal Evernote snapscan on mac.  After downloading, every time I try to install it shows "Unable to locate the installer package."  Would you let me know how to solve this? 

You have another post that is added to a thread about something else entirely.  I replied to that one in more detail.  Please don't post more than once about the same issue,  and please start your own thread if the other suggestions don't work.

• 2 years later...

Windows 10

I've just experienced error 2755, again. I fixed it by moving the evernote.msi that gets extracted into my temp directory to the desktop and executing it from there.

My temporary directory is on a RAM drive, So presumably thats the cause, though it only started happening with the last two releases.

This is how I create , my RAM disk. Evernote may want to investigate:

imdisk -a -s 16G -m H: -p "/fs:ntfs /q /y"
mkdir h:\temp