Images stretched

I'm taking snapshots on my iPhone version of Evernote, and when they sync to Mac the images are stretched.  They appear fine when viewed in presentation mode

Anyone else getting this?

ioS version is 7.17.1.346642

mac version is 6.9

the images are pages from an Evernote Moleskin notebook

4 hours ago, theambler said:

I'm taking snapshots on my iPhone version of Evernote, and when they sync to Mac the images are stretched.  They appear fine when viewed in presentation mode

Anyone else getting this?

ioS version is 7.17.1.346642

mac version is 6.9

the images are pages from an Evernote Moleskin notebook

Hi there @theambler, thanks for reporting this. This is an issue our development team is currently aware of. Would you mind using the link in my signature to create a support ticket? Let me know the number here and I'll be able to follow up on it for you. Thanks!

Will do but the link does not appear to offer any way to 'create a support ticket'.  I get some drop downs about the problem and then the option to do a search, talk to other users, upgrade to premium for chat or upgrade to premium to email.  I am premium. 

36 minutes ago, theambler said:

Will do but the link does not appear to offer any way to 'create a support ticket'.  I get some drop downs about the problem and then the option to do a search, talk to other users, upgrade to premium for chat or upgrade to premium to email.  I am premium. 

Have you signed into your Premium account in the Help Center before filling out the fields in the support form? If not, you'll need to sign in here before you are able to submit the ticket:

Evernote_Help___Learning_and_Slack.png

I'm getting this too, but not reliably; a (photo) note will be stretched on my Mac. When I leave the note and come back it'll still be stretched, then maybe if I come back again it'll be the correct proportions.

14 hours ago, ibrown said:

I'm getting this too, but not reliably; a (photo) note will be stretched on my Mac. When I leave the note and come back it'll still be stretched, then maybe if I come back again it'll be the correct proportions.

Hi @ibrown, thanks for reporting this. Please submit a support ticket here so we can gather more information on this issue to pass along to our development team:

Submit a ticket

Thanks!

On 23 September 2016 at 6:35 PM, BSR said:

Have you signed into your Premium account in the Help Center before filling out the fields in the support form? If not, you'll need to sign in here before you are able to submit the ticket:

Evernote_Help___Learning_and_Slack.png

When I click sign in I am taken straight to my online Evernote account.  When I return to the Help Centre I am signed out again

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, theambler said:

When I click sign in I am taken straight to my online Evernote account.  When I return to the Help Centre I am signed out again

If you're posting here, you are signed it.Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 4.16.32 AM.png

I usally ignore the sign in and just proceed with filling in the boxes

When I get to the bottom of the form, there is a button to submit a ticket

Update: Our development team is currently aware of this issue. I don't have an ETA of when it will be resolved, but I can assure you that our devs are working on it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

I have the same problem, mainly from snapshots and imported images from iPhoto. I have contacted support 4 times and there has been no solution other that "reinstall" and that doesn't work. It got worse in the last 2 updates.

Example attached. It's maddening.

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 17.06.25.jpg

Just throwing in my $.02:

I also have the same image issues in the Mac client described by others in this thread, particularly with images that I've snapped using the iOS app.

When I attempt to submit a support ticket, I am also seeing the exact same thing as described by OP and I'm not able to submit a ticket.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I have just updated to the latest version of Evernote and the images are still stretched. It was ok before the upgrade.

Is this a recurring issue ?

Thank you

Having this issue again here as well.  They look fine (documents captured with Evernote app) on iOS on iPhone and iPad but go all stretched when viewed in the Mac app.  They look fine what viewed in the web app.  It doesn't seem to be all images though.  Mac Version 6.11.1 (455059 Direct) iOS Version 8.2.2

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TolgaD said:

@BSR can you please let us know whether this issue is being fixed ? I really use this feature extensively along with text search on images.

Thank you

Hi @TolgaD,

This issue is specific to images taken with the iOS version of Evernote. There is currently a report filed with our developers who are currently investigating a potential fix. I don't have a timeframe I'm able to provide for when this will be pushed.

Right now the recommended workaround is to right click or Ctrl+click on the image and rotate it.

If you have any questions in the meantime please let me know.

• 1 month later...

Looks like this issue is back!  At one point it was working fine, so I'll assume it has something to do with your recent doc management updates; maybe something with how you handle HTML behind the scenes is the culprit or was something broken with the new table functionality update?  

Under iOS (iPhone & iPad) all looks good, as does via a web browser (i.e. evernote.com), but both the Windows and Mac application are skewing or stretching "some" images; it appears that photos taken on iOS pre-April 15, 2016 are being stretched.  

Hope this helps you find the defect.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We've been experiencing this for a year. I submitted a support ticket and got a reply saying someone was looking into it. It looks like you've been looking into it for a year now. Any luck?

(Rotating clockwise and then counter clockwise seems to be a fix)

Archived