Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Evernote for Android won't allow _OFFLINE_ notes!

evernote

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 juwlz

juwlz

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

I only need a simple note app, but many of your users require more advanced features than I do.

If you just want local notes on the phone, try Note Everything.

Julie
Evernote Premium for Windows on Netbook, Laptop and Desktop
Evernote for Android

#62 milesg

milesg

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

I only need a simple note app, but many of your users require more advanced features than I do.

If you just want local notes on the phone, try Note Everything.

Julie

Or it you want Notes in the cloud that sync with offline notes on your phone, try Springpad.

#63 zisco

zisco

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

I really would appreciate this feature - please inform, if implemented.
Thanks a lot!

#64 Don Nelson

Don Nelson

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

Ok, it's a new year and 3.5 months after the last post... is there any status update wrt offline notes? Sure would be useful for an already awesome app!

Thanks for your hard work and quality product.

Don

#65 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,147 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ok, it's a new year and 3.5 months after the last post... is there any status update wrt offline notes?

Are you using the latest version? EN on my Kindle Fire allows offline notebooks. BTW, this is a premium account feature.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#66 jackofaiitrades

jackofaiitrades

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm not a premium member, but I can open my EN app on Kindle while offline and open any and all of my notes. I can also edit notes while offline and they sync once I'm back online. I can create a note offline and it'll be uploaded when I'm back online.

It seems to me that off-line notes is working just fine.

#67 bacizone

bacizone

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Off-line notes seems are obviously different to Offline Notebooks, which is a Premium feature.
However, even the off-line note sync does not work reliably, even Premium users bother with sync problems.

Please Evernote - make the off-line note sync working perfectly.

#68 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

There are no offline notes in the Android client, so far as I know, only notes that reside in an offline notebook. bacizone, if you're having difficulties with offline notebook syncing, have you filesd a support inquiry?
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#69 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,147 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm not a premium member, but I can open my EN app on Kindle while offline and open any and all of my notes. I can also edit notes while offline and they sync once I'm back online. I can create a note offline and it'll be uploaded when I'm back online.

It seems to me that off-line notes is working just fine.

This is because your notes are cached. The cache will get cleared as EN needs to use it. Once you get & use very many notes, you'll realize this.

Off-line notes seems are obviously different to Offline Notebooks, which is a Premium feature.

If you're referring to "local" notebooks (which are only stored locally & not sync'd to the cloud), AFAIK, those are only available on the Windows & Mac clients.

I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, evernote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote