Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

German / Handwriting Recoginition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FrankEmser

FrankEmser

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

I was on my way of writing down the German sample text when I notized that there were many strange typos (?) in the text.
So I got unsure, whether you wanted me to write it down directly, as it was given by you (wrong) or whether I should write it down correctly spelled.
Very probably, many Germans will read over some of the typos and will write down the correct word, thus not matching your original.

The typos and its (guessed(?))corresponding correct value:
Schwyz->Schwitz(?)
Gespensten->Gespenster
Abquäduct->Aquädukt
Ursprüng->Ursprung (?)
Ägypt->Ägypten

1-408-329-576 -> If this is intended for telephone number recognition, please note that in Germany, telephone numbers are most commonly written as (01234)56789 or 01234/56789

Kind regards

#2 AVP

AVP

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

We selected words for these texts to optimize document size vs representation of the full set of characters in a more uniform way. Thus some of the words' spellings are not of the most frequent variety met in the language. The fact that they prompt a writer to pause and re-read the word is even of a desired consequence -- we mean those texts for training, and slower written text usually is of higher legibility.
But there is no harm done if some word will end up being 'corrected' in the resulting handwriting -- we will account for that in the processing later.
Thank you for taking time to contribute to our collection and for your feedback!
Alex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote