Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
BlackBerry

out of memory error

evernote

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 odin1918

odin1918

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

Hi, I have a small problem that is driving me mad now, I have been trying for three hours,
I have gone through the forum without any success.

I type a txt note and save it and it goes in to the pending notes box, on the main page it will say
'Starting upload' then 'Load failed' appears.

I check in the error log and it says ' ENUploader-uploadltem java-lang out of memory error,

I have a Blackberry bold, Vodafone, G3/GPRS, evernote 3.0.245

I have tried the APN Internet, user web, pass web, settings, with no luck.

I can connect with my home wifi

Any help would be appreciated as its driving me insane

Carl

#2 engberg

engberg

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:50 AM

Do you have any more luck if you completely reboot the device by removing the battery and waiting 20 seconds before restarting?

- Dave Engberg (Evernote)

#3 odin1918

odin1918

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Nope, tried that, but will do it again.

EN updates fine on my home network, when. Writing a note it gives me the options to select my
own notebook and my relevent tags, but when I switch off the wifi, this stops and EN won't upload.

#4 odin1918

odin1918

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

Just tried the 20 second battery remove and it didn't work,

I have tried uploading in a 3G and GPRS area with no luck, I have deleted some of my
unused applications and moved files and bits to my memory card to free memory, apart from that
I am out of ideas.

I suppose I can upload when I get on to my home net work, it would be good if I could
upload away from home.

#5 engberg

engberg

• 12,536 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Can you try going to the "Pending Notes" menu option, and delete all of the notes that you see in this list?
Once you've done this, try creating a very small text-only note and see whether that will upload.

We've seen some memory problems from the BB with larger images due to a bug in the HTTP networking code on the device, but haven't seen this problem with simple text-only notes, so I'm curious whether you happen to have an image/audio note in the Pending list that is the root of the problem, or if you even get this with a single small text note.

Thanks

#6 odin1918

odin1918

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

I cancelled all pending notes, created a new text note with test in the title and test in the Content, i saved the note and EN tried to upload and it failed.

I dont know if this will help but when I go to Create text note page I get the title box, then the content box, then below that the Notebook which says Odin1918'snotebook and the bar at the bottom which says select form existing tags when clicked on produces my tags.

So i am presuming that I am connecting to my EN note book or the above wont display?

But when i try to send a basic text it will not upload....interesting.

Over to you lot...

Its an excellent application and I would use it more than i do if I could get it to up load.. :D

#7 engberg

engberg

• 12,536 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:23 PM

Yes, it appears that your device is mysteriously running out of memory as it tries to assemble even a very small note (with just text) to send into the HTTP request to our service. We've seen this for very large audio notes, but it appears that a few phones even hit this for tiny notes.

Thanks for the report, although I don't see any easy fixes for you yet.

#8 odin1918

odin1918

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

Thank you for trying to solve my problem,

I am presuming that it is talking to the network differently when connected via wifi.

Thans again

#9 eurig

eurig

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

Am getting the same error (as mentioned in other post) even for smallest text notes. Clicking on notebook and tags buttons in a new note doesn't appear to work either.

Unfortunately this makes the application unusable on a storm as no WIFI available

Eurig

#10 odin1918

odin1918

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

That's why I went for the Bold, the Storms lack of wifi.

I have heard that the Storm 2 has wifian which will be my next phone.

#11 odrum

odrum

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

I have exactly the same problem.

Blackberry Bold, Vodafone 3G/GPRS. v3.0.245. Works with WiFi, not over the mobile network (even for v small text files).

#12 odin1918

odin1918

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Because of the inability to upload I have used ReQall and found that to upload without any problems

#13 histrel

histrel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

I too have this problem even with small text notes on my BB Storm. Having to use email which isn't always the best idea and also new Twitter feature.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackberry, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote