Nexus 10 battery drain

Hi there,

New to this forum posting thing, but need help.  My new Nexus 10 tablet's battery is being drained way too quickly.    I check the app, it seems like each time Evernote is the culprit if I don't log completely off.  Any suggestions?  I don't have this problem with my cell phone, don't know what the difference would be.  Thanks

• Level 5*

Android has a battery utility which shows which apps are taking most power.  Is that what shows Evernote as the culprit?

I'd suggest a support ticket (see below) in case the tablet issue is a known one;  but I'd also suggest you set Evernote to sync only by wi-fi and make sure it is syncing properly - it may be that repeated attempts to sync are draining your power.

• 1 month later...

I've got Samsung S2 i9100 running Kitkat 4.4.3 and am also experiencing awful drain by the Evernote app. Phone heats up extremely and in the battery settings I can see that Evernote took most of the battery. Disabling wakelocks for the app didn't help. Stopping the app helps, but I need to use it :) It seems to be happening for something like 1-1.5months. Can it be some recent update not being with the ART runtime?

I have the same problem. Evernote kills my battery on my Nexus 10, but not so on my Galaxy Note II. 

The Nexus is on 4.4.3, whereas the Note II runs 4.3. 

I'm about to uninstall Evernote from my tablet, as I never know when I will find it with an empty battery due to Evernote!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I had one bad experience with Evernote several versions ago when repeated attempts to sync ran the battery down quickly,  but nothing since.  If your mileage varies I can only suggest that you submit a support request so Evernote has a handle on which models / which versions / whether rooting is an issue.  There's no generic bug or fix - uninstall and reinstall by all means,  but if it ain't working you need tech support.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have this problem on a Galaxy S2 with CM11 4.4.4. Sync is disabled, yet often Evernote is at the very top of the battery use list. At the moment, the phone has been on for 12h19m and Evernote is at the top with 43%.

I have exactly the same problem with the same phone and spec. I've just uninstalled the app so will see how that goes.

I have this problem on a Galaxy S2 with CM11 4.4.4. Sync is disabled, yet often Evernote is at the very top of the battery use list. At the moment, the phone has been on for 12h19m and Evernote is at the top with 43%.

I have exactly the same problem with the same phone and spec. I've just uninstalled the app so will see how that goes.

So far so good...

I did a full wipe and fresh ROM install. After 3-4 days Evernote is draining my battery again. I had been getting 12-15 hours on battery up until today. Took it off the charger this morning and it sat unused for 68 minutes. Checked that battery and it was down to 74%, and Evernote is at the top of the list at 53%. Second item is the screen at 10%.

Sync is disabled. Removed the widget.from homescreen. Rebooted the phone a few times. Still have the problem.

• Level 5*

As I said 3 months ago - if your phone has unsynced content on board Evernote may be making heroic efforts to get a signal via wifi or mobile data,  so may use up lots of battery;  beyond that this is Evernote tech.  Support tickets required all round so they can look at the phone types affected.  Goes without saying that if you use Evernote a lot, then obviously it will be the major battery user...

Archived