I was so excited to start using my Fujitsu Evernote Edition to scan photos as it is soooooo much faster than my traditional flatbed.  All was well and good until I noticed that I have a line going through the same spot in every picture.  Anyone have this problem before?  I tried wiping down the inside but to no avail.  

• Level 5*

If the insides of your Fujitsu are anything like my Fujitsu (non-Evernote) S1500,  you'll have two long narrow glass windows on the upper and lower paper guides.  A spec of dust or paper on one of those can develop into a long line as the scanner runs the object past the window.  You'll need to switch it off,  open it up and (probably) use a torch or a desk lamp to see where the blockage is.  Use a q-tip or something to wedge the offending item out of the way.  

Check your user manuals and any online support you can find for acceptable cleaning materials - I use a mini-vac and methylated spirits (not at the same time) to keep mine spruced up.

If you still can't fix the line,  raise a support ticket (see below) - Evernote support are multi-talented and do the Scansnap (Evernote Edition) too!  If you do raise a ticket,  point 'em to this forum thread for more background.   :)

If the insides of your Fujitsu are anything like my Fujitsu (non-Evernote) S1500,  you'll have two long narrow glass windows on the upper and lower paper guides.  A spec of dust or paper on one of those can develop into a long line as the scanner runs the object past the window.  You'll need to switch it off,  open it up and (probably) use a torch or a desk lamp to see where the blockage is.  Use a q-tip or something to wedge the offending item out of the way.  

Check your user manuals and any online support you can find for acceptable cleaning materials - I use a mini-vac and methylated spirits (not at the same time) to keep mine spruced up.

If you still can't fix the line,  raise a support ticket (see below) - Evernote support are multi-talented and do the Scansnap (Evernote Edition) too!  If you do raise a ticket,  point 'em to this forum thread for more background.   :)

Good advice from "gazumped", but — @OP —  _Read the Scanner Manual_ or contact their support.  Each machine is slightly different.  When they work, they all work the same.  When they don't work, the fix is specific to your make and model.

In particular, I would not use a Q-tip unless that is the tool specified by the manufacturer of your scanner.  Use the tool your manual or manufacturer specifies.

Archived