Deleting shared notes if the originator

Kit_L

Idea

Hello all,

If I am the originator of a shared note, on my Mac system right clicking does not give me the Leave option (this works as expected; and is for the recipients of such a Note, I assume).

As the originator, though, this is a locked note—how do I delete this?

TIA, KL

5 replies to this idea

I am guessing you are actually referring to a notebook and NOT a note (based on your other post elsewhere).

You cannot leave your own shared notebook while allowing other users to keep accessing it. You can unshare the notebook, though, then delete it. If you want your collaborators to still have access they will need to move the notes to their own notebook before you unshare.

To unshare, right click on the notebook select "share settings" or whatever the actual words are, and remove all of the people you share with.

Scott, thanks for answering. I was not clear before about the distinction between "notes" and "notebooks". I was referring to a shared note that I had originated; I realise I posted on the other thread that was about notebooks. Still learning about how this system thinks.

So, let me ask again: If I am the originator of a shared note, how do I delete this? Do I have to ask the 'sharee' (for want of a better word) to Leave (or choose not to be shared to) in order to delete a shared note? Or is a different approach needed? 

Thanks for replying, KL

Scott, thanks for answering. I was not clear before about the distinction between "notes" and "notebooks". I was referring to a shared note that I had originated; I realise I posted on the other thread that was about notebooks. Still learning about how this system thinks.

So, let me ask again: If I am the originator of a shared note, how do I delete this? Do I have to ask the 'sharee' (for want of a better word) to Leave (or choose not to be shared to) in order to delete a shared note? Or is a different approach needed? 

Thanks for replying, KL

You do not need to do anything except delete the note in the same way you would delete any other note.

Archived