Web Clipper links to Avira !?

denisddfb

Very unusual behaviour: by clicking the "save" button after selection of an article, it simply doesn't save but opens a new tab in the chrome window, linked to an Avira website!!!!

Dis anyone observed this as well???

This sounds like you've had the misfortune of installing a spoof Web Clipper that we noticed in the Chrome Web store. I strongly recommend uninstalling that one and re-installing the real one from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/evernote-web-clipper/pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc

The spoof has since been taken down by Google. 

Please let me know if this works out for you?

• 1 month later...

Michael,

Have you followed the advice of jbignert, a staff member from Evernote?:

If you remove the fraudulent web clipper and install the one linked to in the post quoted below (and which also appears above) you should be using the legitimate version. 

This sounds like you've had the misfortune of installing a spoof Web Clipper that we noticed in the Chrome Web store. I strongly recommend uninstalling that one and re-installing the real one from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/evernote-web-clipper/pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc

The spoof has since been taken down by Google. 

Please let me know if this works out for you?

• 1 month later...

I'm experiencing the same behavior as the OP. The web clipper Save button opens a new tab with an Avira page. I've uninstalled and reinstalled from the provided link and the problem persists. Any help would be appreciated.

@nishidake

That is not expected behavior and we don't open any 3:d party sites after a clip. Can you post the URL of the site where you observed this? Or does it happen after every clip on any page?

Archived