Deleted notes in Shared Notebooks

• Level 5

I share a couple of notebooks with a small team of 3. We use these as a kind of knowledge base. It works pretty well.

One problem scenario however, is that all of us have "read/write" access to these notebooks. I put some quite important info in there sometimes and in my testing, they are able to (accidentally?) delete a note and it does not wind up in my trash. It is simply purged from EN completely. Is this the way sharing is intended to work? I would much prefer if notes deleted from a shared notebook (by any user) wound up in the "Trash" folder. Any comments?

• 3 weeks later...

I share a couple of notebooks with a small team of 3. We use these as a kind of knowledge base. It works pretty well.

One problem scenario however, is that all of us have "read/write" access to these notebooks. I put some quite important info in there sometimes and in my testing, they are able to (accidentally?) delete a note and it does not wind up in my trash. It is simply purged from EN completely. Is this the way sharing is intended to work? I would much prefer if notes deleted from a shared notebook (by any user) wound up in the "Trash" folder. Any comments?

Damn! happened to me too. Was searching in the trash, never found these notes!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

If the notebook is shared but not part of an Evernote Business account, deleted notes from that notebook go into the Trash of the Owner of that notebook, regardless of who deletes the note.

Archived