Editor Corrupts Notes Across Platforms

I love EverNote and think it's a remarkable product, but HATE the buggy editor!  Everytime I try to do any sort of mild formatting (indenting, bullets, etc.), the formatting gets trashed shortly after.  This is especially true if editing the note on multiple platforms (Windows PC, Android, website, etc.), defeating the idea of having your notes on all devices.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1. Open up the EverNote Windows PC application

2. Create a new note containing checkboxes and multiple indent levels (like a multi-level to-do list)

3. Sync the note

4. Open EverNote on an Android phone and sync

5. Open the note created above -- it looks fine, as it did in Windows

6. Edit the note -- indents are replaced by a thin vertical blue line

7. Make a change to the note and save -- indenting is all messed up with skipped lines, etc.

8. Edit the note again -- checkboxes are now gone too

See attached screenshots.

This is horrible!  I would love to be able to trust EverNote, but these sort of bugs makes it very untrustworthy, as I'm affraid that I'll lose content.

Is EverNote ever going to fix this?

post-73887-0-92851200-1396097364_thumb.j

• Level 5*

I was able to reproduce this using Windows desktop app and Android app. Merely viewing the note in Android doesn't affect the note, but editing the note in Android does.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

This problem (except the "thin vertical blue line" mentioned on step 6) still persists.

How come such a problem persists for over 1 year, especially the main focus user group of evernote is the mobile users?

Used platform:

Desktop evernote: Windows 7 - 64 bit; evernote v5.9.6.9494 (277494)

Android evernote: Samsung Note 4 Model SM-N910CQ; Android v5.1.1; Kernel 3.10.9-6035384; evernote v.7.5.1

This is really annoying and preventing me using Evernote in premium..

If I spoil my existing notes while I am mobile, there is no sense to use it at all..

Archived