create template and apply it to pre-existing notebook notes

Helloo, I am trying to create a template and then apply that template to all of my already existing notes. I have descriptive information for each note. the template would have the appropriate fields, I just need to apply it to all of the notes with the answers to those fields. Please Help!

Helloo, I am trying to create a template and then apply that template to all of my already existing notes. I have descriptive information for each note. the template would have the appropriate fields, I just need to apply it to all of the notes with the answers to those fields. Please Help!

Evernote does not use templates. So you would probably need to export the notes to enex, write a script to modify the file & then import the modified enex file.

• Level 5

You won't be able to automatically adjust (in Evernote) the formatting and descriptive information for all your existing notes.

But for new entries, you could create a Template Form and copy it whenever you need it. For instance, one of my Evernote templates is for phone calls - inbound, outbound, and voicemail. Here is what my template looks like. When it is copied, the formatting and tags are copied as well.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/cb80db07-10dd-499b-a547-4478f81d23b1/dcb477f9487dd6cac8a20119fbf2fa64

Tip: To find the template quickly, I added a code number (7777P) to the template. So when I make/receive a call, I search for 7777P and it pops up for fast copying to my Actions-Pending default notebook.

Archived