Trying to find a GTD partner for my evernote account.

sethdrebitko

Hello folks,

I've come to a point where I have decided that Evernote suites my needs as a source permanent storage and reference, but not so much for doing stuff. I'm trying to find a partner to evernote to work as my front end for doing. Right now I am considering setting up a Kanban style deal in Springpad.

I'm curious to see what other tools people use for doing if they don't solely use evernote.

• Level 5*

Good to hear that you've focussed on Evernote for storage,  but I don't think you should necessarily be looking for a 'partner' to Evernote as such (though there are quite a few) - you'd be better off looking for a suitable app that does all you need,  and worrying about how to integrate it with Evernote later.  

Check Evernote's App Center and do some web searches - and if your favoured app can integrate with Evernote,  that's fabulous;  but if not directly,  then there are things like IFTTT and email connections that will complete the job for you.  

This is such a personal choice,  and it's so central to your activities that I do think you need to do your own testing - and once you make a decision stick to it,  because you can spend an awful lot of time looking for the 'best' app and you'll be much better off spending that time doing rather than searching. 

I'm trying a combination of Evernote + zendone.com + Google calender as my GTD system. So far it's been fun learning and still my first week at seriously getting my workspace organized (should have bought stock in Post-It notes long ago). Just thought I'd toss that out for consideration.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2014 at 8:47 PM, sethdrebitko said:

Hello folks,

I've come to a point where I have decided that Evernote suites my needs as a source permanent storage and reference, but not so much for doing stuff. I'm trying to find a partner to evernote to work as my front end for doing. Right now I am considering setting up a Kanban style deal in Springpad.

I'm curious to see what other tools people use for doing if they don't solely use evernote.

I noticed that this is an old topic but I was curious what you ended up using.

• Level 5*

I'm just using the Evernote features for task management.

I create separate notes for each task.  
This allows different task views; current, open/completed, project, ...I have shortcuts for these views

I used date based priority and store start dates using the Reminder feature.  
This also stores completion date/status

For project reviews, I use the Tags feature to group notes by project.
I view my notes in title sequence, and prefix the titles so the notes sort in approriate sequence

Archived