search grammar expression for grouped notebooks

kaimadi

In the Search box, notebook:”notebookname” is used to limited search to *a* specific notebook, OK

Now how about if a needed information could have been fitted into any of say 4 different notebooks.

So the search grammar would narrow down the query to

notebook:”notebookname1” notebook:”notebookname2” notebook:”notebookname3” notebook:”notebookname4”

Which appears somewhat awkward. And to search one notebook after another is downright frustrating, as the search box is always reset /emptied when switching from notebook to the next.

Now lets say the 4 notebooks have been grouped together, to a group named let's say "NB01-04".

Could I simply use that notebook group expression to restrict the query to those 4 notebooks?

To me, this would be one of the most obvious benefits of the grouped notebook features.

And while I resorted to file this under the "Windows" category, the question basically applies to all platforms.

Any ideas? Thank you!

In the Search box, notebook:”notebookname” is used to limited search to *a* specific notebook, OK

Now how about if a needed information could have been fitted into any of say 4 different notebooks.

So the search grammar would narrow down the query to

notebook:”notebookname1” notebook:”notebookname2” notebook:”notebookname3” notebook:”notebookname4”

Which appears somewhat awkward. And to search one notebook after another is downright frustrating, as the search box is always reset /emptied when switching from notebook to the next.

Now lets say the 4 notebooks have been grouped together, to a group named let's say "NB01-04".

Could I simply use that notebook group expression to restrict the query to those 4 notebooks?

To me, this would be one of the most obvious benefits of the grouped notebook features.

And while I resorted to file this under the "Windows" category, the question basically applies to all platforms.

Any ideas? Thank you!

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/33115-how-can-i-search-entire-notebook-stack-en5-mac/

Archived