Request - Auto sync personal notebooks

schnabel

Idea

Hi!

Great job on the app and software! I've got Evernote on both my iPad and my Mac, often writing down notes on each separately and editing the same ones.

Problem:

If I'm editing a document on my Mac and then move over to the iPad (and forgot to sync before), the document is not updated on the iPad (Not auto synced on the Mac).

Understanding why it might not be a problem:

I get that this is to prevent two people from editing the same file and causing conflicts in shared notebooks.

Solution:

Can you not just implement that personal notebooks auto syncs when not being edited anymore? Some sort of timer that checks the last time a key was pressed and after 5 sec or 10 sec of "Key silence" the Mac/iPad software auto syncs that notebook.

It's not like I would edit the same file at the same time on two different devices by myself.

Thanks for listening,

over and out!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Can you not just implement that personal notebooks auto syncs when not being edited anymore? Some sort of timer that checks the last time a key was pressed and after 5 sec or 10 sec of "Key silence" the Mac/iPad software auto syncs that notebook.

Are you aware that you can set the sync interval in EN Mac preferences?  You can set this to as often as 5 min.  This will auto-sync any/all Notes on your Mac that have been created/changed at the time of the sync.  Of course, your Mac has to be running at the time.  However, in Mavericks, I believe you can set certain apps to have some activity.  You might be able to set Evernote to sync while the Mac is in sleep mode, but I'm not sure.

Archived