Penultimate notebooks lost after login request

So the morning Penultimate informs me something along the lines of "it seems your account has changed, please log in again". I go through the process (which included a password reset) and lo and behold, all of my notebooks are gone!

I check on Evernote, and the last notebook updates made were in Sep last year, with several of my notebooks not even featuring.

My questions are this - seeing that it did not sync anywhere - (a) how do I get my notebooks back and (B) how can I trust my to-date favorite app to not do it again?

Are you absolutely certain you have logged into the same account you have been using recently? The only thing I can think of is that when you followed the prompt to log in again, you actually logged into an account you may have used and abandoned in September of last year....

This is a very peculiar thing to experience.... Doesn't sound like a typical data loss situation.

I used the account it was prompting me with for a password. I also used every other address I have to check for a password reset on EverNote, but this is the only one that has an EverNote account associated with it and, seeing that I can't use Penultimate without logging in, should have all my notes.

My notes still flashed briefly in the background where I left off the day before until I finished logging in.

Is there any way I can restore these files from the file system side of life?

"File System" - it is possible to access the iPad file system (browse) with some 3rd party software packages. The problem is more in terms of how to open the files I find, as you can obviously not quickly "open with...".

Something else worth noting - these were all large files that I lost - the Sept last year version of the one file for example already had 145 pages. My understanding, based on searching and reading forums, this is roughly the max notebook capacity for the sync function.

Thanks for trying to help all the same.

Archived