Handwriting not surpressed with Jot script ?

Bjoern Hirsch

Hello 

bought a Jod Script here in France after all the good tests in the internet to run on my Ipad 3. Setup worked as described , even when no paired device shows up in BT connections on the IPAD , but both Penultimate & Goodnotes reconize the pen (Penultimate shows Jod Script connected when starting ) ... but while in goodnotes the hand writing is switch off (as indicated in settings) Penultimate allows finger drawing even when Jod Script is connected .

This is a bit annoying , any idea how to fix ? 

Thanks Bjoern Hirsch

Penultimate doesn't reject finger touching. When the pen is paired Penultimate will reject when the pen and palm are simultaneously on the screen. If you have the pen paired but touch the screen alone (as in, without also making contact with the pen) it won't reject it. 

To clarify the intended behavior in the current version (5.1):

1. If the Jot Script is turned on but not paired via Bluetooth, Penultimate treats it as a normal stylus and relies on standard palm rejection.

2. If the Jot Script is paired, the app will switch to Bluetooth detection when you begin writing with it. In this mode, finger touches should not register even if the stylus is not making contact with the screen.

3. After several seconds of Jot Script inactivity, Penultimate will revert to standard palm rejection and will begin accepting finger input again.

The Jot Script has been a huge mess. I was really excited to give it a go but after doing extensive background check, it's not going to happen, at least not in it's current state. Very dissapointed Evernote put their name on it...

Thanks for clarifying Garrett, it works as you describe. 

@Dracarys

For the record, my Jot Script works rather well... best stylus for writing I have tried. Penultimate isn't necessarily the best app for writing, but the stylus works very well by my experience. That being said, there have been quirks, and I have posted my experience with quirks in the appropriate forum sections and threads.

Archived