(Archived) Monthly upload amount does not grow any more

Guest mrossk

Guest mrossk

I have made a nice discovery:

Even when I attach some new files (each > 1 MB) to my notes and sync Evernote, my upload amount does not grow any more. This seems to be a bug (or a present from Evernote  :D)

I'm using Evernote 5.2.0.2946 on Windows 7.

Marcel.

I have made a nice discovery:

Even when I attach some new files (each > 1 MB) to my notes and sync Evernote, my upload amount does not grow any more. This seems to be a bug (or a present from Evernote  :D)

I'm using Evernote 5.2.0.2946 on Windows 7.

Marcel.

Same here. Windows 7 and same evernote version (premium user). It got stuck shortly after I upgraded to the newest EN version which was shortly before my monthly upload reset. It is now stuck at the 202 Mb, so the reset (in the client) did not appear to happen. Days are counting down, though. Web version says usage is less than 10 Mb, which is probably correct. Not a big problem, but something to do with improved synch?

My "Usage Bar" keeps showing 0 days left for a couple of weeks now but the bar didn't reset to 0 and continues moving as I add content. On the web and Android app they show the actual days remaining, 25 days and the actual usage for this cycle, 1 MB. As I use principally the desktop application I have less than the 60 MB of the new cycle. Is that a bug for the Windows Vista app?

yep, but that is not the point. The bar worked well until the last update. I don't use the web to check the "allowance". All my work is on the desktop:( It's a pity they don't put an effort to solve the issues or to recommend users any fix. The bar is at 17% now and I tested it by adding files until the 60MB and the the popup of "Thank you for usind Evernote" appears and direct me to buy "Premiun" even tough the web gave me more space. If the desktop app doesn't update it appears that it allows one to just use 60Mb for one time. I repeat, it didn't work that way until the last update. Is EN becoming Freemium?

• Level 5*

Evernote don't typically 'recommend fixes' and this is a user forum,  not another route to the support team.  If you'd like to raise this 'officially with Evernote please submit a support ticket (see below).  

Meantime Evernote > Help > Go To My Account Page will get you a quick check on usage if and when necessary.  60MB is the limit,  not a target,  and one way to manage getting closer to that limit could be to set up an offline notebook as the main target for any new notes,  and to move planned batches of those notes over to your synced notebook(s).  

You'll see the exact size of the notes in the offline notebook and you can prioritise for stuff you really need online.

DLU,

Thanks, I was about to report this gazumped person.  Not exactly evangelizing.  The bug is clearly a bug that started happening the INSTANT I upgraded to the new version.  Before that my web version never reported more than a few K different from the Windows version and that would only happen in the middle of the 30 minute sync cycle.  Now, the Windows version is stuck at 45.1Meg (for many days of adding at least another 10Meg) even after my new cycle started several days ago.  It correctly reports the number of days left in the cycle but it is forever stuck on 45.1Meg (from the day I upgraded).

I'm curious.  Why don't you make your bug database (Jira, Collabnet or whatever you use) available and easily accessible on your web site?  I don't run into much software that doesn't do that these days.  Users would not be punished for finding bugs and you wouldn't need as many people in support for triage of the numerous duplicate bug reports you probably get.  That lack of an easily accessible bug database is how I found myself here trying to see if others had the same problem.  They did and we were quite correct and gazumped did not play the role of a good evangelist but more of a hater of customers.  Too bad.

Mike

• Level 5*

DLU,

Thanks, I was about to report this gazumped person.  Not exactly evangelizing.

You could report him if you choose, of course, but I must tell you that he's entirely within the forum code of conduct (which you can read here: http://discussion.evernote.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules), and was trying to help. You should also note that Evernote calls some of us volunteers "Evangelists", but we are not enjoined to evangelize the Evernote product / company / lifestyle in the same way that other evangelists push their respective products (they're often employees, which we are not). The general aim is for us to try to be helpful in guiding people to using Evernote better (which is one reason that folks get asked to take on the role), but we are free to participate in the forum as Evernote users ourselves.

I think it's not about reporting. I'm very thankful to all the individuals who collaborate, contribute to any site. The thing is that when many users report similar issues it's because perhaps it's a bug and someone at EN needs to take action. Gazumped was not very helpful in this particular case but I believe he was in other occasions

Is there any way to get access to your bug database (like almost all other software) so that we can avoid searching around to find some place to see if others have the same bug (and possibly offending somebody)? 

We don't publish our bug list, sorry about that. We're working on this issue urgently. I may PM a few folks on this thread... feel free to reach out to me

Archived