(Archived) Creating note containing multiple hyperlinks

tavor

• Level 5*

When creating a note with several hyperlinks, I will use a few words to describe what the link is pointing to, e.g., "Topic XYZ forum thread", then select that description, CTRL-K and copy/paste the website address to create a hyperlink. Repeat for each webpage I want to link to in this note.

Is there a more efficient way to accomplish this? I know I can create individual bookmark notes with Web Clipper, but I'd prefer to keep multiple links to a common topic in one thread.

Hi,

I think this belongs here, too:
On Android, Evernote shows web adresses as clickable hyperlinks.
Using the Desktop version, you see them as just text instead.
Poor this!
Example:
On Android I produce my app-list (using the app "List My Apps").
The list has actually 112 lines with each app's name and link to the Play Store.
Seriously, if I prefer to use my list on the desktop, am I really expected to highlight each adress and manually turn it into a link?
Please! Someone tell me that I just missed a little checkbox, saying:
"Show web adresses as hyperlinks"
Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*

When creating a note with several hyperlinks, I will use a few words to describe what the link is pointing to, e.g., "Topic XYZ forum thread", then select that description, CTRL-K and copy/paste the website address to create a hyperlink. Repeat for each webpage I want to link to in this note.

Is there a more efficient way to accomplish this? I know I can create individual bookmark notes with Web Clipper, but I'd prefer to keep multiple links to a common topic in one thread.

You can copy and paste links from other applications,  so if there's an app that behaves in a better way you could set up your list of links in that then copy the whole thing into Evernote.

Or you could use Clipper then select the separate notes and merge them together...

• Level 5*

Hi,

I think this belongs here, too:

On Android, Evernote shows web adresses as clickable hyperlinks.

Using the Desktop version, you see them as just text instead.

Poor this!

Example:

On Android I produce my app-list (using the app "List My Apps").

The list has actually 112 lines with each app's name and link to the Play Store.

Seriously, if I prefer to use my list on the desktop, am I really expected to highlight each adress and manually turn it into a link?

Please! Someone tell me that I just missed a little checkbox, saying:

"Show web adresses as hyperlinks"

Thanks in advance!

Which desktop version are you using?  In my Windows (W8.0 64) desktop app a link is a hyperlink as soon as there's a space or a carriage return after it.

Example:  

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54787-creating-note-containing-multiple-hyperlinks/#entry265211|   <cursor at the end.. no hyperlink*

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54787-creating-note-containing-multiple-hyperlinks/#entry265211 |  <hit space and it's a link

* sadly the forum editor also activates links so you can't see the first line here should be plain text,  not a link.  Mumble....

• Level 5*

You can copy and paste links from other applications,  so if there's an app that behaves in a better way you could set up your list of links in that then copy the whole thing into Evernote.

Or you could use Clipper then select the separate notes and merge them together...

The ability to merge notes helps, thanks. It does require a little editing (for my purposes) to remove the blurbs and images that come with the Web Clipper bookmarks, so I don't think it's any quicker than manually inserting hyperlinks into a note, but it certainly offers the convenience of bookmarking now and dealing with that editing later.

Which desktop version are you using?  In my Windows (W8.0 64) desktop app a link is a hyperlink as soon as there's a space or a carriage return after it.

Example:  

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54787-creating-note-containing-multiple-hyperlinks/#entry265211|   <cursor at the end.. no hyperlink*

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54787-creating-note-containing-multiple-hyperlinks/#entry265211 |  <hit space and it's a link

* sadly the forum editor also activates links so you can't see the first line here should be plain text,  not a link.  Mumble....

The desktop version is 5.2.0.2946 and you are right: Typing a simple webadress (www.whatever.com) results in having a hyperlink after return or space.

But the list I send from my Smartphone to Evernote is formatted html (<a href="https://play.google.com/...).

When I delete the html parts, it also shows as a hyplerlink. But this would be a lot of work, doing so line by line.

In my eyes it is an implicitness for today's text- or notes programs.

Currently I send my list to Tasks (android app) which syncronizes with my Essentialpim via Google.

No need to mention that I would prefer to have it in Evernote :)

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Something for the developers to look at I think..  Meantime if I had a lot of HTML to edit I'd copy and paste the code into an HTML editor and use find and replace to remove some statements..

Yep, think it's a thing for the developers.

I now shared the list as a markdown-list into evernote (The app lets me choose different formats to send).

On the Android-Evernote links are clickable, on the Desktop they are shown as plain text.

Edit: BBCode the same.

Archived